Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how well can my pc run dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So im sure it will run fine but I need 10 posts so ill ask anyway.

And if it does meets specs is there a super high setting mode and can I meet the requirement for that?
Many games will run well, and others won't be able to reach full speed. When you finally get the emulator running, you will see what speed you're looking at and then you can see if you're happy with that speed. You might find that some settings can be changed that may gain some speed, or you might want to consider overclocking your CPU to gain more speed. After all of that and you're still not happy with the game speed, you might consider getting a better PC that will run games faster. You'll know more in time.
ok. on average how well does LOZTP run, both for GC and WII. I think that will mainly be my only game at the moment I have an urge to play
They generally run about the same speed-wise for both consoles. Your CPU should be able to run the game close to full speed except for some wide open areas that need more processing power.
wow even the quad black cant handle it? well im think wii graphics but yeah I guess its a whole new ball park when you are rendering full HD.
Quote:wow even the quad black cant handle it?

That statement makes no sense. You have just listed two things that are completely meaningless to dolphin. Dolphin can only use 2 cores at the same time, thus making a the extra two cores on your quad core cpu virtually useless to dolphin. And black edition cpus have only one advantage over regular cpus, they have unlocked multipliers to assist overclockers (which if your specs are anything to go by, you have chosen not to take advantage of).

Quote:well im think wii graphics but yeah I guess its a whole new ball park when you are rendering full HD.

Once again, that statement makes no sense. Resolution has nothing to do with it. The GPU in your system is responsible for rendering the images, increasing the internal resolution will only increase gpu load. What dolphin mainly needs is a very powerful cpu with good single/dual threaded throughput. You have an OK dual threaded throughput. But exactly how powerful the cpu needs to be to maintain fullspeed varies greatly from one game to another and between different settings. Like SS said, you SHOULD be ok with ZTP.