Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.0-201 and 3D Ripper Dx 1.8.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to rip some 3d models from SSBB, but with no luck.

First of all I changed the shortcuts of 3d ripper dxto f1 f2 and f3.
Next I changed the saves and lod states shortcuts in dolphin to 1 2 3 4 ...
Any of these two should be having conflicts with the shortcuts.

Next I just started SSBB through 3d ripper dx 1.8.1, and everithyng was looking fine (with the "ready to read" box above). The problem is that pressing f1 f2 or f3 ins't working at all, and my folders are still empety. No crashes no nothing. It is as if I was not running dolphin through 3d ripper dx although I have that "ready to read" box

I have win7 64bits, but I'm using 32bits dolphin (the one who works with 3d ripper dx)

I really don't know what am I missing and I'm not even sure if I will be able to ripp an entire stage instead of a character. I just wanted all the models from the standard stages in .obj :-(
Forgot 3D Ripper FX and try BrawlBox to get the 3D data and textures out of the .pac and/or .brres files in junction to OpenCollada plugin, to allow you to corrretly import the 3D data in Autodesk 3DS Max (3DS Max 2012 isn't supported yet -- when importing textures, you'll need to rotate them in 180° to see the object corretly)...
(11-11-2011, 04:21 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot 3D Ripper FX and try BrawlBox to get the 3D data and textures out of the .pac and/or .brres files in junction to OpenCollada plugin, to allow you to corrretly import the 3D data in Autodesk 3DS Max (3DS Max 2012 isn't supported yet -- when importing textures, you'll need to rotate them in 180° to see the object corretly)...

Actually I don't need the textures :-)
Does that work with entire stages as well?
Yes:
[Image: FERma.jpg]
if i remember correctly, 3D Ripper DX will only work on older 32bit versions of Dolphin (6xxx and back, 7xxx may work but i haven't tried) and has problems with later versions
Works fine for me on 3.0-32bit. However the rips are ridiculously messy with all kinds of weird polygons.

indy.gamer

(11-11-2011, 04:21 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot 3D Ripper FX and try BrawlBox to get the 3D data and textures out of the .pac and/or .brres files in junction to OpenCollada plugin, to allow you to corrretly import the 3D data in Autodesk 3DS Max (3DS Max 2012 isn't supported yet -- when importing textures, you'll need to rotate them in 180° to see the object corretly)...

Please give info on BrawlBox and how to use it.

Open BrawlBox, then open a brres, pac or pcs. Then find the MDL0, right click, then click preview.

indy.gamer

(11-11-2011, 03:31 AM)gdbg Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to rip some 3d models from SSBB, but with no luck.

First of all I changed the shortcuts of 3d ripper dxto f1 f2 and f3.
Next I changed the saves and lod states shortcuts in dolphin to 1 2 3 4 ...
Any of these two should be having conflicts with the shortcuts.

Next I just started SSBB through 3d ripper dx 1.8.1, and everithyng was looking fine (with the "ready to read" box above). The problem is that pressing f1 f2 or f3 ins't working at all, and my folders are still empety. No crashes no nothing. It is as if I was not running dolphin through 3d ripper dx although I have that "ready to read" box

I have win7 64bits, but I'm using 32bits dolphin (the one who works with 3d ripper dx)

I really don't know what am I missing and I'm not even sure if I will be able to ripp an entire stage instead of a character. I just wanted all the models from the standard stages in .obj :-(

You have to change the keyboard shortcuts, which you have already done.

You have to Disable User Account Control (UAC) to use 3dripperdx chache model and textures.
Disable User Account Control (UAC) the Easy Way on Win 7 or Vista

You can also define different directories on different drives.

And you are ready to go.
Personally I havent checked the model in 3dsmax but textures come out fine from any game.