Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dualcore Option on 6 Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

i have a question. I have a AMD Phenom X 6 1090T with 6 x 3,2 Ghz
Well should i enable Dualcore Options or not ? And will Dolphin ever use more than 2 Cores ?

I get between 45 and 55 FPS in Metroid other M which is pretty bad for my System...

Heres my complete System:

Amd Phenom X 6 1090T
4GB Ram
Ati 6850

Because most Games would run perfectly now with 6 cores :O

Thanks for any answers
(11-09-2011, 02:39 AM)makke007 Wrote: [ -> ]Because most Games would run perfectly now with 6 cores :O

congratulations on missing every thread regarding the use of more than 2 cores and the difficulty of implementing it.

On Topic:
enabling dual core will speed up some games and may make others crash.
your CPU seems fine, although i'm not very familiar with AMD so take it with a pinch of salt.
try and get your CPU to 3.5GHz and over, Captain Obvious says intensive games need more power.
Another question.

When i rightklick a game and choose Preferences i see those Checkboxes. The can be Ticked Filled and Empty of course. What does the Filled one mean =? Maybe i did not have Dual Core activated and thats why it was so slow.
Read the description :
"Undetermined means the game use Dolphin's setting."
Ok thank you. I used Task Manager to see how my CPUs are used and with Dual Core "ON"! only 2 are used.

With it off all 6 Cores are only used at 40% and everything runs smooth now Smile Even Super Smash Brothers Brawl on Bis Stages

Thanks a lot