Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: input plugin options missing since format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

callmemitchs

Hi, first post.

I have been using Dolphin successfully for a while now, in revisions 2745, 2962 and 3089. Yesterday I did a format on my pc (vista 64), and I copied the emulator files (3089) onto an external hard disk. Now I have copied them back across to the clean windows, but now when I run Dolphin the input plugins seem to have disappeared. The dropdown boxes for 'pad' and 'wiimote' in config/plugins are just empty, but 'Graphics' and 'DSP' seem unaffected. The input plugins are still there in the Plugins folder, they just aren't registering in the program. If I try to run a game, I get:
"Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: can't read info".

I have just downloaded the latest revision, but same issue. Is there something I'm missing? Some piece of software that I would have had installed but haven't put on yet this time?

Callmemitch
(sorry if this is in the wrong place...)

gcp111

Make sure you're using the right version for your processor/OS (i.e. x64 for Vista x64)

callmemitchs

(06-14-2009, 02:42 PM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you're using the right version for your processor/OS (i.e. x64 for Vista x64)

I'm using the exact same files as I had running perfectly before the format. I also made sure I downloaded the correct version of the newest revision.
But Thanks.
You need to go and re-download the Microsoft DirectX Updater. You can get the link from the Dolphin Requirements sticky in the General Discussion forums

callmemitchs

(06-14-2009, 05:35 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]You need to go and re-download the Microsoft DirectX Updater. You can get the link from the Dolphin Requirements sticky in the General Discussion forums

Worked a treat, everythings functioning now.

Thanks a bunch.