Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: F-ZERO GX constantly crashing - due to specs/config?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, I apologise because I'm sure you guys get this a lot, but because I'm a total novice at this and have only started today (yet spent the majority of my time searching for a solution to the issue), I'm desperate for an answer.

Okay, so here are my specs to start off with:

ATI Radeon HD 4670
Dual core CPU 3.06GHz
4GB RAM DDR3

Now, I've been doing well so far - downloaded Dolphin, got Wiiji setup alongside Dolphin's GC pad config, and have all the buttons mapped perfectly.

However, I installed F-ZERO GX today and have had severe difficulties with it since, I understand it's one of the most demanding games, so I started off with fairly low settings... However, after several instant crashes/not getting past the file create screen, I desperately reviewed my setup to try and find an answer.

I now have the game setup like so - 640x480 fullscreen res, auto internal resolution, no anti-aliasing and 1x anisotropic filter. Pretty much the lowest of the low. Seeing as I'm on Mac, backend is OpenGL only.

JIT Recompiler is being used and Dual Core and Idle Skipping is on. SPE HLE is also checked.

Am I diing something wrong? I get as far as the start screen, the music's messed up (though it doesn't worry me too much), and when I press start, the game (and Dolphin) crashes.

Could anyone help me out? I'm desperate to get started!

[color=#FF0000]tldr; F-ZER and Dolphin crash when I reach the start screen.[/color]

Apologies if there is a simple/stupid answer, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong section (though it seemed like the right place to me!)
try right clicking the game in the game list and selecting properties. tick mmu speed hack.

what version of dolphin are you using ?
(11-07-2011, 06:53 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]try right clicking the game in the game list and selecting properties. tick mmu speed hack.

what version of dolphin are you using ?

Yeah, it's automatically checked, and Dolphin 3.0.

Is there a solution for this because I really want to get playing? Sad