Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hmm...

Girlfriend - games + couch = a fun weekend.
Ditch the games and spend time with the girl instead.

She wants to play brawl lolol
(11-05-2011, 09:24 PM)palmerulzah Wrote: [ -> ]Got any other ideas Smile
Im staying down with my girlfriend for the next week and i only have my laptop, two 360 controllers and a couch :3

sell one 560 buy a wii 2 controller software flash and have fun
or wait are you saying you dont have a wii?
pirating the games is a bann reason...
Does this also happen on your desktop ?
(11-05-2011, 10:14 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2011, 09:24 PM)palmerulzah Wrote: [ -> ]Got any other ideas Smile
Im staying down with my girlfriend for the next week and i only have my laptop, two 360 controllers and a couch :3

sell one 560 buy a wii 2 controller software flash and have fun
or wait are you saying you dont have a wii?
pirating the games is a bann reason...

Nah man i dont have 1 lol my little brother does though and i play it ^^
(11-05-2011, 10:18 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Does this also happen on your desktop ?

Nahh bro it only happens in the Dolphin emu.
I can run Dirt 3 on the highest graphic settings on this laptop.
What else could be causing this, ive been tweaking every single configurable setting for ages and none have made any difference, even with a lower resolution i still get the stutter issue Undecided

What should i doooo Huh
I mean the PC...

Does it happen there too ?
(11-05-2011, 10:28 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]I mean the PC...

Does it happen there too ?

I haven't tried brawl on there yet but all of the other games seem to run fine.
Im staying at my gf's house and i can't check the desktop.
Quote:Well, i thought the "Dolphin uses HT Cores" Issue was fixed months ago ?

It has a tendency to cause stuttering in PC games due to cache thrashing so I thought maybe it was doing the same thing with dolphin since someone else mentioned having this problem on his i7 rig (with HT) but not on his core 2 duo rig. However I realize it was a stupid idea since the type of stuttering HT causes is microstuttering (lasting only a few milliseconds) while the hang that the OP is experiencing is clearly far too long to be caused by a cpu issue. But you're correct about the threading issue, the threading issue with HT was fixed a long time ago.

This is why I hate HT. It can provide a small speedup to some heavily multithreaded applications but it's just too damn unreliable.

@palmerulzah
Did you try turning lock threads to cores on/off like I said?

Felipaxo

Hey man, might sound a little crazy, but it may be just the dump of the game, not the emulator, in the video, Meta Knight's image is changed by the image of Falco, I had the same problem by the dumping of SSBM , perform another dump and fix it, I hope this information will serve
P.S. Sorry about my English, I am using a translator Big Grin
(11-06-2011, 09:32 AM)Felipaxo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, might sound a little crazy, but it may be just the dump of the game, not the emulator, in the video, Meta Knight's image is changed by the image of Falco, I had the same problem by the dumping of SSBM , perform another dump and fix it, I hope this information will serve
P.S. Sorry about my English, I am using a translator Big Grin

Hey man sorry for the late reply,

I'm giving a fresh rip a go Smile

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4