Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube games 16:9?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Yes, but the tv will display anamorphic (stretched) image only if the source image from the gamecube is 4:3.

I didn't know anamorphic widescreen could use 4:3. Anamorphic widescreen for dvd players and television uses 720 x 480 (3:2) and I always thought video game consoles did too since that would make sense. Most TVs are set to automatically stretch 720 x 480 content to 16:9 since the engineers who designed the hardware know that content at that resolution has to be anamorphic.

So are you telling me that your anamorphic widescreen games are outputting 640 x 480 in widescreen mode?

Quote:And games that can display 16:9 image will do so without anamorphic correction or any stretching.

Just answer me this, is it outputting 720 x 480 or 854 x 480?

Quote:They have only analog out signals and can't display 16:9 format even if the game supports it so the newer TV's stretch the image to make it 16:9. This does not happen on DOL-001.

You sure about this? Anamorphic widescreen should work fine with composite and s-video cables. Anamorphic widescreen is still technically 16:9 widescreen, it just has to be stretched by the TV.
Pages: 1 2