Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin won't run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SeaCalMaster

Hi all,

I'm trying to run Dolphin (the Win x86 version), and it's giving me an OpenGL error. What it says, exactly, is "Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info." However, the logs aren't useful. Could someone help?

I'm running Vista 32-bit, BTW.

Thanks!

Yure16

You have a DirectX9? Try change the OpenGL plugin to Direct3D9. Erm, make this in configure>plugins. Take the last version of DX9 and put the Old DX9 Plugin on Dolphin plugins folder. This plugin can be found on LuisR14 signature.Big Grin

SeaCalMaster

(06-14-2009, 06:37 AM)Yure16 Wrote: [ -> ]You have a DirectX9? Try change the OpenGL plugin to Direct3D9. Erm, make this in configure>plugins. Take the last version of DX9 and put the Old DX9 Plugin on Dolphin plugins folder. This plugin can be found on LuisR14 signature.Big Grin

I'm running Vista, so it's DirectX10. Also, it won't let me change the graphics plugin.
Because you need to update DirectX 9. Vista can handle both DirectX versions.

Yure16

Hey, where I can take the OpenGL extensions? I search lots of times for lots of hours and I not found! Sad I think my board have support to OpenGL and I will replace the DirectX9 plugin...

LuisR14

well i already told you that your video board doesn't support OpenGL 2.1 Smile

Yure16

Sure?! OMG, I probably forget. Sometimes, the despair take my inteligence...