Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: loss of quality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

edwin2402

Hello friends, I know because of the change of nomenclature revisions, "r7 ***" to "v3.0 - 19 *", there is a noticeable loss of quality with all the settings exactly the same.

I put Mario galaxy 2 as an example so you can appreciate the difference

[Image: ceaTX.jpg]
Settings?
(10-30-2011, 01:07 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Settings?

For both
First off OP, this has nothing to do with nomenclature, which does not affect emulation.

Now, this has been happening for me on Mario Sunshine on recent revisions, I've tried various settings, but it doesn't seem to be fixable. Still, it seems to be directky relationed with internal resolution, somehow smaller resolutions make it "scale" the water mipmaps. The higher the internal resolution, the more it looks like how it should. at 4x it's almost there Tongue
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=4941

Looks like this applies to SMS also...
Yeah just did some testing on Mario Sunshine, happens both on DX9 and 11 backends, only option that really seems to affect it somehow is internal res the way I described before, the effect is exactly how it is showed on the OP's images.

edwin2402

(10-31-2011, 06:55 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]First off OP, this has nothing to do with nomenclature, which does not affect emulation.

Now, this has been happening for me on Mario Sunshine on recent revisions, I've tried various settings, but it doesn't seem to be fixable. Still, it seems to be directky relationed with internal resolution, somehow smaller resolutions make it "scale" the water mipmaps. The higher the internal resolution, the more it looks like how it should. at 4x it's almost there Tongue

the man said because the nomenclature, since it started to apply this error started to appear.
It was not exactly at the same time, maybe one thing was close to the other but just a coincidence.
That's like saying, changing your name to Goku will make you go super saiyan. o_O
Lol, that's a good analogy I suppose Tongue
Pages: 1 2