Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issue with paper mario TTYD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an issue with a pointer invalid popup. It happens when you find the golden fuzzie in the swthonk fortress. It pops up with if i want to continue or not. and if i press yes it freezes and if i click no it crashes. My Specs are AMD Athlon X2 550 3.0 dual core. A ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 gig directx 11 videocard and 4 gigs of DDR3 ram. I run the game perfect other then that. and 85% with LLE sound. I changed no settings in graphics other then setting the texture thing to Ram for the bounding box fix. Is there any way to fix that violation issue.
Lol. nevermind. just checked the download section and see that there was a new revision that fixed my issue. this thread can be closed.
Did you try the latest version of Dolphin? (3.0-191) The description reads "Bounding Box bugfixes. - Fixes all (I hope) BBox-related unknown pointer crashes." which sounds related.
Same problem, and the latest revision didn't fix it, much to my suprise.
New issue. The latest Revision Fixed the pointer value issue. But now the game stalls if I leave mario on top of a pipe. And I have to restart the emulator. The game is fine otherwize. Also I was wondering something. Is there somewhere i could request a compiled dolphin build that is optimized for my processor and such as in a 64bit SSE3 or SSE4a thing. I think a more specific to my system setup would help me. And My AMD Athlon II X2 250 Isnt the best processor but it does it's job for now. 90-100% at all times in all games.. 80% if i use LLE sound.
Nevermind. Fixxed the pipe crash. Turning it to Direct X 11 stopped the crash. but doesnt completely fix the bounding boxes but thats fine. Anyway. What would i need to upgrade to run it with LLE and be completely fine. My Athlon II X2 250 3.0 processor. My ATI HD 6450. Or my 4 Gigs of DDR3 ram... I think my processor is my bottleneck. But I would like to see a fix for the glitch for going into pipes and the screen flashes. But that happened before the fix so It's the last issue other then the HLE audio. Also. Think I should either upgrade my processor or commission This EPIC Gamecube PSP for 70 dollars.. You might be saying why don't i just get a gamecube or wii... One can't afford it. And 2... I cannot look at CRT tv's Even without flashing lights they push me into a seizure. But LCD and LED monitors don't.
So. You don't have to read or answer it all. But I would like a opinion on what I should get.