Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how to force full screen games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is there some sort of hack or software that anyone knows about that can force full screen games on my widescreen monitor. See, the problem is that i lower my resolution down to about 1024 x 768 so that the games run alot better, but it makes the screen go pretty tiny :/.
If anyone knows how to make it fullscreen please tell me. It will really be helpful!
Please no comments such as "the screen is small to reduce the jaggedness".
I know what resolution is and i know if the screen will get bigger itll be jagged. Please just help trying to make the game get into fullscreen.
you mean stretch it? Widescreen monitor usually have that in them as an option in their settings. If you are talking about Dolphin, it have an stretch to screen option as well.
I still have no idea what he's trying to say.
Me neither, but i THINK he's saying that he wants to play his games in fullscreen but performance is poor on that and he gets more speed in 1024 x 768 and he's wondering if there's a hack that allows him to set his res to 1024 x 768 so he can retain that speed but outputs it on his monitor as 1900 x 1200, i THINK
oh! i was wondering why no one was replying to this lol. you see when i play a PC game like assassins creed, the performance is kinda poor. i get about 20 to 25 fps. but when i put the resolution down to 1024 x 768, it runs fine but the screen becomes smaller to make the jaggedness go away. i need to find a way to make the game stretch to window but the game doesnt have that option. so im trying to find a way to forcefully make the game stretch to window. anyone got any ideas?
Look in the Nvidia Control Panel under Display (Or so, cause mine is german Tongue), there should be something with Desktop position, click on that, there you can set the scaling to stretch to full screen, real size (like in the 1st post).
And allow the GPU to do the scaling

Only works on Nvidia though, i don't have a ATI card....
dude i dont see anything in the nvidia control panel saying desktop position O.o. plus i use a laptop
Newest driver ?
yes i have the newest nvidia driver. my card is GT 525M 1 gig dedicated. its a good card to be honest lol. my driver is 285.62
It's in german though:

[Image: nvidiacp.png]
Pages: 1 2