Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.0-189 crash "Clearing Code Cache"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sothe52

This is my first time trying dolphin, and when I try to open Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for wii, It first opens the emulator with a gray screen, with the message "Clearing Code Cache" at the top, then the emulator screen turns black with the same message at the top, and after a few seconds, it crashes. I'm running Windows 7, Intel Atom 1.83 gigahertz (I know it sucks, but the faq says 2.0 is only RECOMMENDED, not necessary) I tried an iso of Zelda Wind Waker too, same result. And by the way, I USED to own a copy of both but they were stolen along with a large amount of other games. So can anyone help me out here? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
It could be a bad rip, but even if it's not, you're wasting your time using an Atom, forget about Dolphin until you get a real PC.
Try deleting the folder "User\ShaderCache", this fix almost all crashes on Clearing Code Cache message, at least for me...
Even if you get it working, performance on an atom will be drastically poor
He's more likely to run into issues from an integrated intel gpu. Atoms work fine with dolphin, they're just too slow to run anything at a decent speed like Zee530/SS said.