Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do YOU deal with annoying co-workers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For those who are on/have work/internship; if you have co-workers that have annoying habits/things they do, how do you deal with it? What do you do? Or did you confront them?

As for me... I'm currently on an internship where there's multiple annoying co-workers.. but there's one in particular that's here everyday (thankfully she has two days on which she only works half the day). Anyway, to the problem. The woman seriously talks too loud, we're in one space, small office, and yet she talks so damn loud. I can even hear her through my earphones, even if I have the volume up a bit.

Then something worse... she randomly sings with her ugly voice and raises the volume of the radio sometimes. And when another female co-worker comes, it's even worse. It's like walking in a marketplace with fishwife shouting all of the place. Yes, they shout and talk trash.

I have only mentioned this to the boss, but he doesn't seem to realize how much impact this has.
The reason I didn't confront them yet, is because I don't want to hurt their feelings. And I might (probably) sound too rude or something.

As a programmer, I find this highly distracting and annoying on itself. Or is it just me?
it is annoying...
buy bigger headphones
I use In-ear earphone , it's small and easy to carry around
Yea, I have one, but her voice penetrates through it. I'm not using the maximum volume though, it would make me deaf.
I too work as a programmer (occasionally) and I can totally recall everything you mention.
I've usually taken it with the upper management in the past, they seem to give good advice on how to deal with it.

But my last assignment was a pain in the ass, we worked in an open office and there was annoying noices everywhere I wish earphones would have helped but they didn't.
I got burned out and it ended with that I had to get transferred to a new assignment which then made me even more burned out (why can't people just shut up)

Now I don't work for that company anymore and I moved on.
(10-26-2011, 09:38 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, I have one, but her voice penetrates through it. I'm not using the maximum volume though, it would make me deaf.

IEM have different noise isolation per model, try etymotic stuff or custom IEM if you can afford one, though there are now many affordable custom IEM maker out there, like 1964ears.
I think you should ask her politely to speak more softly. If she's a "correct" person I think she won't feel offenced or hurt. You could say something like this : "Could you be more moderate when you talk? Sometimes it's hard to stay concentrated when people are talking too loud around me". Smile to her and that should do the job
be happy the annoying co-worker isn't your supervisor. cause trust me, that sucks
Haha thanks for the replies guys.

@ Maverick
Glad I'm not alone on this, thanks for sharing your story!
Yes I was close to that point... I'm giving it some time (already had 5 months before with them, now another 5 months. Yes I know, stupid school...)
If my boss doesn't accept my/his(own) prosposal, I think I'll leave, depending on how irritating it gets.

@Naoan
Thanks for the heads up. I suppose there are better isolation IEM's around there. But I generally never buy anything more expensive than needed.
In all honesty, the ones I use right now cancel everything but the women lol (no offense).

@LordVador
Yes I considered doing that. But I don't think of myself only. She's the type of person that would probably die or something. But I'll give it an attempt at an appropriate time. I give hints to them, hints like speaking back softly, and putting my earphones in when that particular person makes too much noise. Even after 7 months, no one got them.

@DacoTaco
Haha yes... I really am, however.. the other annoying co-worker (not as annoying as the one mentioned), is the wife of my supervisor... so... still kinda :/

Pages: 1 2 3