Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Supported DVD drive not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Whipper

Hello I have this DVD Drive
Which according to this thread is compatible with backing up Wii games. I downloaded and used Rawdump 2.1 but it tells me that I have a faulty DVD Drive, even though it's on the supported list. The full title of the drive that rawdump gives me is
HL-DT-STDVDRAM GH20NS15 IL00. Does anybody know why my drive might not be working? I bought it in 2008 if that matters. I just recently decided I wanted to try out Wii emulation and saw that I have a compatible drive so I figured I should try it.
(10-24-2011, 03:43 PM)Whipper Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I have this DVD Drive
Which according to this thread is compatible with backing up Wii games. I downloaded and used Rawdump 2.1 but it tells me that I have a faulty DVD Drive, even though it's on the supported list. The full title of the drive that rawdump gives me is
HL-DT-STDVDRAM GH20NS15 IL00. Does anybody know why my drive might not be working? I bought it in 2008 if that matters. I just recently decided I wanted to try out Wii emulation and saw that I have a compatible drive so I figured I should try it.

Maybe it needs specific firmware to work? Just a guess, try to google about it.

Whipper

(10-24-2011, 05:11 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2011, 03:43 PM)Whipper Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I have this DVD Drive

Maybe it needs specific firmware to work? Just a guess, try to google about it.
I googled about the firmware but I wasn't able to find anything. Would using Windows 7 64 bit have anything to do with my problem?

start rawdump in admin mode?
its the wrong forum i guess.. ;>