Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: See log for reads from disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to undub baten kaitos, and I need to be able to see what files dophin is opening/accessing while I have it running. I know how to do it on pcsx2, but even though I set log configuration to notice/verbose, I don't get any.

Help, how do I make it show me file access?
try debug modus

start Dolphin with
Dolphin -d

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...loperGuide
You don't need to start Dolphin with the -d parameter to be able to read the log. Just select "View->Show Log" and "View->Show Log Configuration" from the menu bar, and you'll be able to get some useful info.
Untick everything except for "File Monitor", and set the verbosity to "Warning", and this should be OK.
(10-19-2011, 11:24 PM)Dimitri Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to start Dolphin with the -d parameter to be able to read the log. Just select "View->Show Log" and "View->Show Log Configuration" from the menu bar, and you'll be able to get some useful info.
Untick everything except for "File Monitor", and set the verbosity to "Warning", and this should be OK.
I'll give it a shot with this an "-d" when I get home. I had everything checked and "notice" but it wasn't giving anything except for the initialization lines.
(10-19-2011, 11:24 PM)Dimitri Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to start Dolphin with the -d parameter to be able to read the log. Just select "View->Show Log" and "View->Show Log Configuration" from the menu bar, and you'll be able to get some useful info.

Thank you so much Dimitri! It works quite well.
building dolphin in non-release config will enable more logging.

Polefish

Quote:building dolphin in non-release config will enable more logging.

How do I compile Dolphin with non-release config? Is there an explanation like the ones for various OS's in the wiki?

I would not mind a prebuild binary for win32 bit too ^^