Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How well will this laptop run GC/Wii games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

samn

Specs:
i7-2670QM Quad Core 2.20GHz
nVidia GT 555M 2GB DDR3
4GB DDR3 RAM
Max resolution 1920x1080
Windows 7 64 bit

I'm looking to play games like Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, SMG1+2, NSMBW and Mario Kart Wii. How well will this system run those games, and what kind of resolution should I expect to run them at?
Check out the Game Discussions forum, and check each game's thread for more information.
You can also check the wiki for settings and people's performances.

But from the top of my head:
Wind Waker - Doubt it would be playable (depends on the area though)
Twilight Princess - Same story as Wind Waker
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 - Don't start with it. You can play it in slowmotion though Tongue
NSMB - You can probably run this
Mario Kart Wii - Same story as Twilight Princess
You should let someone with more experience with this post. I have almost identical specs (except RAM, and that doesn't matter) and I'll tell you that WW runs fine with me almost always, SMG2 runs 80-100% with HLE, and MKW runs at almost 100%, although many of these games run slower with higher graphics settings. 2x usually is fine. I can't comment on the other games though, as I don't have them.
Quote:Wind Waker - Doubt it would be playable (depends on the area though)
Twilight Princess - Same story as Wind Waker

Both of these are very lightweight games. Almost anything can run WW at fullspeed. Both will be playable at fullspeed for him.
Wait: TP is very lightweight?! Hyrule field can only be run fullspeed with a 2500k!
*except for hyrule field and faron woods*

Most of the game is lightweight. I still consider the game lightweight even if that one spot runs slowly.

samn

Thanks for the feedback Smile
with a laptops specs like that i would say you could play any gc/wii game to the full compatibility that dolphin emu could provide.