Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Widescreen hack won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to play Wind Waker and with widescreen hack
It works on my other computer

When i check the widescreen hack box the size of the window doesn't change and when you fullscreen it, it isn't rendering more to the sides

I have messed around with the res and aspect ration and nothing has worked
Tired on stable 3.0 and the latest build

I tried an even older version before 3.0 and it still nothing happens when i tick widescreen hack
[Image: unledhae.jpg]
Set your window resolution to a widescreen resolution and your aspect ratio to a force 16:9.

Why on earth do you want to use widescreen hack in windowed mode though? Widescreen hack is a hack, it creates problems since its designed to force a game to do something that it was not designed to do (in WW it causes objects outside the 4:3 area to be culled out of scene so you get objects near the edge of your field of vision suddenly popping in and out of nowhere). And I don't see any advantage to using it in windowed mode since windowed mode allows you to avoid black bars and stretching by adjusting the window size, there is literally no need for it and on top of that it's known to cause problems since it's a hack, so why on earth do you want to use it?