Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker low FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mustakrakish

So I finally got around to ripping my copy of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for GCN to try and play this lovely game again in glorious 1080p, but I'm getting terrible frame rates (15-20fps on average). I'm using the newest version of dolphin, and I have a pretty fast computer so I'm kind of wondering what the deal is. The frame rate is pretty much the same regardless of what resolution and AA settings I use, so I'm thinking there's some sort of configuration settings I'm just not setting up right.

Does anybody have any suggestions for getting this to run properly?

specs:
quad core i5 2500k overclocked @ 4.2 gHz per core
twin frozr geforce 560ti overclocked to 1.01 gHz
8 gb Ripjaw DDR3 RAM
(10-18-2011, 07:25 AM)Mustakrakish Wrote: [ -> ]So I finally got around to ripping my copy of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for GCN to try and play this lovely game again in glorious 1080p, but I'm getting terrible frame rates (15-20fps on average). I'm using the newest version of dolphin, and I have a pretty fast computer so I'm kind of wondering what the deal is. The frame rate is pretty much the same regardless of what resolution and AA settings I use, so I'm thinking there's some sort of configuration settings I'm just not setting up right.

Does anybody have any suggestions for getting this to run properly?

specs:
quad core i5 2500k overclocked @ 4.2 gHz per core
twin frozr geforce 560ti overclocked to 1.01 gHz
8 gb Ripjaw DDR3 RAM

Default settings are fine for WW. Use 3.0, not the latest rev.
Well I seriously doubt that its your hardware since mine is nowhere near as good as yours, and the last time I played that game I was able to get a very stable fps.

I have noticed though that the newest revision is causing my games to run significantly slower than they should.

For instance when playing super paper mario on version 3.0 I was getting a solid 60 FPS while in flipside, but with 3.0-177 running the exact same setting I was lucky to get more than 40.

similar situation with Rune Factory ToD. with 3.0-159 I was getting a fairly stable 30 FPS (which is the cap on that game) but with 177 I was getting 15-20. Aside from the fact that for some strange reason it clears the code cache every one or two seconds with that game.
Yup. That's a bug with newer revisions. Just use 3.0.

Mustakrakish

w00t. that did the trick. I usually assume that the newest version is better...looks like another case of "I was wrong". Thanks for the speedy response guys, this game looks AMAZING in 1080p, 3x internal res w/ full AA and 16x anistropic filtering.
The GIT revisions can be thought of more like beta builds, 3.0 is an "official" build.