Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How can I increase performance? I have 150 dollars do spend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[german] okay neues Mainboard + CPU
was könnt ihr mir empfehlen?

Naja, werd mal sehen was ich vk kann Smile
Hab ja schließlich schon 150€.
[/german]
Save up for a P67 or Z68 motherboard + an i5 2500K and at least 4GB of ddr3 1333MHz ram or faster. You will probably need a new power supply as well.

150 is not enough for any decent upgrade.
do I really need this such an expensive setup? I cant believe that I need all these things to run at 100 percent speed on animal crossing + some other older wii games .
>>>>>>>> Hello if your computer not powerfull (example atlon to 2.2 Mhz, 2 ram, directx 9). you can increse speed follow (my zelda wii run to aprox 20 fps, except hyurle)

1) Buy any sound card aprox u$15, install the sound card, before disabled the board sound on bios of your computer. this increase to 25%, beleaveme if the cpu not play sound the speed increase.

2) If your wiimote is clone not original (clone not support by microsoft bluetooth) not use bluesoleil use toshiba bluetooth is incredible speed, read (Bluesoleil alternative) in driver disabled sound send options and disabled autosearch bluetooth device.

3) Change if is possible to windows 7 64 bits...

4) Defrag your hardisk

5) In your emulator settings:
In audio or DSP sound check only enabled DTK music... other uncheck
Volumen to 100%
In graphics...
Full screen to 1024x768 or 1280x720 or 800x600 (speed not change)
Enhancement (nothing, internal=auto,Anti=none, Anisotropic=1, uncheck all)
In Hack options
check on disabled fog, check disabled pixel per dephth, check open cl, check openMP
In list of game for every game, right click, and check on disabled wiimote speaker.
If your game is zelda right click on title game, check disable wiimote speaker,
and check ZTP hack

6) When you play disabled antivirus (or exclude dolphin emulator)... and power off internet.

Have fun you emulator.
^ 1 & 6 only apply if you have really shitty motherboard with really shitty onboard soundcard and really shitty cpu installed on really shitty bloated OS
Quote:1) Buy any sound card aprox u$15, install the sound card, before disabled the board sound on bios of your computer. this increase to 25%, beleaveme if the cpu not play sound the speed increase.

It doesn't work that way. Dolphin has several dsp emulator engines all of which are written in C++ and cannot be hardware accelerated by an audio card. The audio backend uses less than 2% of the processing power of one core on virtually any setup. The backend cannot be hardware accelerated by an audio card unless you're using windows xp with the directsound backend and even then it won't make any difference in performance.

Quote:4) Defrag your hardisk

This will only improve HDD performance which will not impact performance in dolphin at all.

Quote:check open cl,

This REDUCES texture decoding speed on 99% of systems. And texture decoding speed won't affect performance in any noticable way.

Quote:check openMP

Same as above.

Quote:and power off internet.

You can't "power off" the internet. The internet is global network. I'm assuming you meant to say "disable your connection to the internet" which would have no impact on performance in dolphin at all.

Disabling the wiimote speaker will not stop dolphin from emulating it. It only prevents the wiimote from receiving the audio signal (the option in dolphin sets the volume for the wiimote speaker to 0).

Please stop spreading misinformation.

The OPs cpu is far too slow to run most games at fullspeed, end of story.
some faulty onboard could actually cause constant hardware interrupts and eat cpu which of course would reduce peformance, I think that was his real problem.
True, but that's not the norm. Telling people to blow money on an audio card and telling them it will improve there performance in dolphin significantly is just plain wrong.
Yeah, I told him that already.

@OP
Just don't follow it. Tongue
Haha okay. Smile
Could you suggest any cheaper setups? I cant spend ~300 $ atm.
=/
Pages: 1 2 3 4