Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: optimization speed for Intel C++
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question, what gives me more speed in dolphin? Maximize speed /o2 or Full optimization /ox, i can use Highest optimizations /o3, but the problem o3 dont work in dolphin, i think Dolphin is not compatible with /o3
(10-17-2011, 10:37 PM)Trevlec Wrote: [ -> ]i can use Highest optimizations /o3, but the problem o3 dont work in dolphin, i think Dolphin is not compatible with /o3

That's what lectrode uses Undecided (not that he is compiling currently :p)
i have found the problem^^, it was the "favor size or speed" i have set the favor fast code and then gives me the problems with o3, when i use favor small code then i have no problems more Smile.
Or you can not favor either and see if that works Wink (which will result in slightly faster code [in theory of course :p])
is neither faster than small code? i think neighter is slower than favor fast code, but faster than small code right?

I dont know why, but i cant use favor fast code, self with maximize speed /o2 cant use the fast code, I MUST set small code Sad. When i use fast code then dolphin hang up respectively he crash.
Ok i have tested xenoblade, and the COMPLETE build is buggy, and i thought i fail to compile my build^^. I have tested with the acctually Official 3.0-176 build from this website, and i have the same problems with my icc build. The game has low fps (13) the sound is stuttering and i have constant clearing cache code problems. What a fail build^^

I have the same problems with older builds 160 and 161, not with 159. I hope this problems will fixed.

can i compile a older build (159)? how can i download the old source from 159?
Yeah that problem is with the latest dolphin, either wait till they fix it or compile and older build.
(10-18-2011, 03:07 AM)Trevlec Wrote: [ -> ]can i compile a older build (159)? how can i download the old source from 159?

With TortoiseGit or Git Extensions, using the "checkout" command with a commit (hash) should do the trick.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=19522
Hey guys can you help me? i have a problem with my icc build (favor fast code set).

When i start the dolphin and open the iso file(xenoblade) in the game banner, and start the game (till ingame menu), and now! i close the dolphin emulator and open again gives me this info:

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
BannerLoaderWii.cpp(136) : DiscIO::CBannerLoaderWii::GetBanner

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
LogManager.cpp(162) : LogContainer::RemoveListener

and i cant open the game properties

screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/f/831/dolphinproblem.jpg/

and when i click to refresh, gives me that crash

http://imageshack.us/f/607/dolphinproblem2.jpg/

I think the favor fast code is the problem, i dont know Sad
(10-18-2011, 07:55 AM)Trevlec Wrote: [ -> ]I think the favor fast code is the problem, i dont know Sad

Well then try without it and see if it works
ok i have fixxed that problem, i have set small code for DiscIO and all other projects with fast code, it works Smile, but i have a other problem with intel interprocedural optimization when i set Multi-filfe gives me that error:

Fatal compilation error: Out of memory asking for 2097160.
Link: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)

I dont know why, i have enough memory (8gb)

with single-file no problems.