Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin-emu SVN Builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The "General Discussion" forum has 4 sticky topics but only the first one is ever updated. I was wondering if someone could unstick the last 3 and possibly sticky 3 new ones that are / will be updated.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-1522.html

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-1803.html

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-1027.html

Just to name a few. Tongue
the others still update so why remove them?
They do? We are at 34xx now and, well here let me show you.

"Unofficial Builds By Non-Devs" has a list of sites that have some really, really old uploads.
"Dolphin unofficial builds - r3283 (with DSPTool)" is at 32xx. I understand we see around 10 updates per day, but this is almost 200 revisions behind.
"Unofficial Windows Builds by Unknownforce - r3147" same as above, but this one is 300 revisions behind.

All I was saying was to unstick (not delete) these and replace them with new links to sites that are not so behind the times. This might help people who are asking questions based on older builds because they figure "it must be at the top for a reason."
oops my mistake, i was like... awake for 5min Tongue
Did you have a nightmare? Was nosound in it dressed as Freddy Kruger by chance? Big Grin
Wait wut?

The last build I uploaded was 3312, and I plan on uploading more fairly soon. I am also trying to work with what little time I have now to compile and upload new builds. So it's not really old builds despite what you said, I'm just a little over a hundred revisions behind.

Not to mention my internet connection is pure suckage, so put two and two together and it is quite apparent why my builds aren't updated as frequently as the rest.

I'm also sure there are other more recent builds provided by members that were contained in the unofficial builds by non-devs thread which were overlooked in addition to my builds.
(06-14-2009, 12:11 PM)rene mauricio Wrote: [ -> ]Did you have a nightmare? Was nosound in it dressed as Freddy Kruger by chance? Big Grin

lolwut? o_0
(06-15-2009, 02:37 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also sure there are other more recent builds provided by members that were contained in the unofficial builds by non-devs thread which were overlooked in addition to my builds.

(06-13-2009, 10:30 AM)rene mauricio Wrote: [ -> ]Just to name a [color=#FF0000]few[/color].

The majority of questions I answer each day (on other sites) consist of problems that have been fixed since some time ago. When I ask what version they have I always get told it is one provided by the sticky topics. When I tell them that they need to search for newer builds it then becomes a huge hassle to baby them to a fresh topic.

Aside from that, personally I find it to be a pain to have to rummage around non-sticky topics for one that has the biggest revision number in the title as they get buried under other topics. It just seemed silly to me that we have sticky topics that have been abandoned occupying space when we have plenty of people who are currently updating.

No disrespect intended. It was simply a request for easier navigation is all.

Confused
Sorry I missed that tidbit, I thought you were referring to all compiles/compilers/builds located in the non-dev builds thread. However it seems that either the thread has disappeared for builds by non-devs, or I missed it because it was late at night when I replied to this thread.

:Edit: Found it, it was unstickied and located on the second page. It would of been better to keep that stickied to prevent clutter. nosound and several others aren't developers, so their threads should be merged with the unofficial builds by non-devs and the thread re-stickied.

The thread can't contain recent builds if no one is posting their builds in it, and creating separate threads instead.
I still believe that all threads for builds by non-developers should be merged centrally in the Unofficial Builds by non-devs, and the thread restickied.

This should reduce the clutter, and ensure that the Unofficial Builds by non-devs thread is updated more frequently than it formerly was. There's no reason to have a ton of separate threads for builds by non-developers, the only builds that should have separate threads is the Un(official) Bi-Weekly builds of Dolphin and specialized builds of Dolphin where new features or fixes have been added by coders before they are committed to the svn repository.
Pages: 1 2 3