Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Before I upgrade hardware, can someone help me look over my settings for SSBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is no problem if you're getting fullspeed with 2 players. Getting fullspeed with 4 players requires a high end intel sandy bridge/lyynfield/bloomfield cpu. I just didn't realize you were using 4 players until later in the thread.
Thank you very much for the help, everyone. Out of curiousity, what do you think it is causing the lag? Is it four character models on the screen at once, or three separate AIs running at once? In other words, I wonder if the lag will be there if there are 4 human players as opposed to 1 human player and 3 AI players? I would test it but I'm at work. I'll test it when I get home and report back if no one has an answer to that question.

Secondly, if I wanted to overclock my CPU, I think I would need a new motherboard... my current motherboard BIOS does not have any options for overclocking built-in. If there are jumpers I can change around, I've never messed with anything like that before and I don't have and can't find a proper manual for it since it was part of a Gateway machine.
(10-16-2011, 06:03 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:battery performance

He's using a desktop.

and you can downclock your desktop cpu with the power setting...
If anyone cares, it was just as laggy with four human players as it was 1 human and 3 CPU, so it appears to lag when there are multiple character models on screen. Disappointing. Oh well, I'll prolly just make due with 2 player for now and upgrade later when i5/i7s are more affordable for a specialized PC.
Quote:and you can downclock your desktop cpu with the power setting...

.....ok but using the term "battery performance" is still wrong since it's a desktop and therefore doesn't have a battery.

Pages: 1 2