Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CPU or settings killing SSBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MassPwnage

Im sure you have seen this question a billion times but bare with me, but SSBB runs rather slow. Its able to hold a solid 60 fps but the speed drops to about 50% when i go into a match i tried numerous different settings and i even tried downgrading in my dolphin to 2.0 and no dice, now i suspect its the CPU but im not 100% sure so ithought id check with you guys. I strictly want to optimize this for SSBB pretty much.

Im running Dolphin 3.0, on a ASUS K53T Laptop

Specs:
Windows 7 Home 64bit
AMD A6 Quad-core 1.6Ghz (But can hit 2.3ghz when overclocked)
Radeon HD 6500M
4Gb Ram

Settings:
General:
Enable duo core
Enable Idle Skipping
FrameLimit off
JIT recompiler
(and everything else un checked)
Audio:
DSP HLE emulation
Enable DTK Music
Enable Audio Throttle
Volume 100%

graphics settings:
Backend: Direct3D9
Fullscreen res: 640x480
render in main window

Enhancements: 1x native
Anti-aliasing: none
Anistrophic ffiltering 1x
Scaled EBF copy
Disable Fog
EFB copies texture

Any help would be nice but if i cant run it, its no problem Big Grin
I don't know what you can do, but I want to point out something: The CPU clock frequency is too low. If I remember correctly, the minimal CPU clock frequency is around 2.5 GHz (Super Mario Galaxy 2 usually needs 4.0 GHz by the way, but with Sandy Bridge (dunno about AMD's) the frequency needed might be lower).

EDIT: I meant 2.5 GHz is needed >.> So beside overclocking your CPU (or upgrade it), you can't do anything really.
Try disabling audio throttle. On an unrelated note, I have a similar laptop in my signature, you can raise your IR to 2 or even 3x for some games with no speed impact, as long as you don't use any AA.