Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin doesnt work on windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zaim

i have windows 7 64bit. and it doesnt work. fist i had the issue that dolphin told me d3dx9 video plugin is not valid..so i did what you guys say in the forum i updated my direct x. i downloaded the plugins for dolphin and putted them into the dolphin plugin folder.

now when i open dolphin it doesnt say that the plugin is invalid. now its says it has a missing function. same with open gl. same with software renderer.

so if i get it right, dolphin is still complaining about the plugins because i dont have directx9. and believe me i saw so many forum threads in the internet where ppl look for directx9 to play some oldschool games. and ppl answer like: you dont need directx 9. it doesnt make sense you can play all games with directx11. directx9 is in 11 included..

WELL ITS NOT! thats not true. if you have directx11 its not directx9. not all files are included.

so my question: is there ANY optimized version of dolphin which i can just extract to my pc and it will work without beeing a pc techie ? allother emulators work fine, ps1, ps2, dreamcast, etc.

i have no idea what to do. the anwers i find in the internet for my problem are complete useless and dont help in any way. so im kinda giving up. this dolphin is giving me shit since a week. and i guess i will just play the ps1 version of resident evil

i downloaded dolphin to play the resident evil remake. but i have never seen an emulator that makes me this angry because it just DOENST WANT to work.

i think i play the ps1 version and go directly ahead with code veronica on nulldc (dreamcst) emulator (which works just fine!)

if anybody can help me out i would really appreciate that. this thread is my last hope to emulate gamecube/wii..

greetings
What Dolphin version/revision did you download?

Dolphin comes with everything, plugins etc.. so you don't need to download anything.

And a word of warning, RE has sound issues when emulating.
What version of Dolphin did you use? There are no more plugins in Dolphin. Download Dolphin 3.0 on bottom of this page http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html?log=
download 3.0!
Yes, use 3.0, and don't mislead the public with a thread title like "dolphin doesnt work on windows 7". Dolphin works fine on Windows 7 if you know what you're doing. There is no issue with Dolphin and there is no issue with Windows 7, the issue is with you.
Install Directx June 2010 , Visual C++ 2010 32bit and 64bit if you haven't done it yet
Also, please provide your specs

Zaim

thanks for all the answers guys. im gonna try that 3.0 thingy. allready have latest directx and visual c++- lets see if it works Smile

Zaim

(10-11-2011, 11:11 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]What Dolphin version/revision did you download?

Dolphin comes with everything, plugins etc.. so you don't need to download anything.

And a word of warning, RE has sound issues when emulating.

thanks for the answer and yeah i noticed right now sometimes (i hope its only in cutscemes) the sound is a bit broken for a few seconds. but hell this is still better then playing the ps1 version nowdays Smile or did you have bigger sound issues ? from what ive seen (just the first 10 minutes of actual gameplay) it seems very playable and im exited to start playing tonight with a buddy.

btw thx to all folks!