Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why? (Twilight Princess GC minimap)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's up with the minimap? Does the latest version break it? It worked fine in 3.0, I even beat the game flawlessly with it (almost flawlessly, Hyrule Field... sigh).

[Image: GZ2E01-1.png]

Specs:
CPU AMD Athlon II X3 445
Graphics Card 1024MB GeForce GTS 250
RAM 4 Gb
Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Running Dolphin 3.0-151-dirty
Why not stick to 3.0, the latest revs have one or more issues, or you could try efb to ram, you will experience major performance loss
(10-11-2011, 04:39 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not stick to 3.0, the latest revs have one or more issues, or you could try efb to ram, you will experience major performance loss

It's just that I've got a tremendous performance boost on New Super Mario Wii with this version, I dunno why. It lags a lot on 3.0. Since I've already beaten TP, I'll stick to this one, then. I just thought there was something I could fix.
Try:

D3d9:
EFB Copy Texture (virtual) enabled ram copy disabled
texture (virtual) copy disabled ram copy enabled
Both texture and ram copies enabled

D3d11:

OpenGL:

If none of those combinations work then go back to using 3.0.

Ok, some news... The minimap seems wonky on 3.0 too. It doesn't have those pink borders, but the arrow is a little crazy, taking too long to go in the direction Link is going, and just acting crazy. It was working fine before. What did I break?
(10-11-2011, 04:47 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Try:

D3d9:

D3d11:

OpenGL:

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. I'm using D3D9. Can you tell me exactly what options to enable and which ones to disable? I couldn't understand your wording.
(10-11-2011, 04:56 AM)rick_meadows Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, some news... The minimap seems wonky on 3.0 too. It doesn't have those pink borders, but the arrow is a little crazy, taking too long to go in the direction Link is going, and just acting crazy. It was working fine before. What did I break?

D3d9:

D3d11:

OpenGL:

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. I'm using D3D9. Can you tell me exactly what options to enable and which ones to disable? I couldn't understand your wording.

Which revision did you use?
-If you use 3.0 or very recent builds : Go into Graphics/Hacks/EFB Copies anc check Texture or RAM
-If you use post-3.0 builds : Go into Graphics/Hacks/EFB Copies and check Virtual or RAM or both
(10-11-2011, 07:39 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2011, 04:56 AM)rick_meadows Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, some news... The minimap seems wonky on 3.0 too. It doesn't have those pink borders, but the arrow is a little crazy, taking too long to go in the direction Link is going, and just acting crazy. It was working fine before. What did I break?

D3d9:

D3d11:

OpenGL:

-If you use 3.0 or very recent builds : Go into Graphics/Hacks/EFB Copies anc check Texture or RAM
-If you use post-3.0 builds : Go into Graphics/Hacks/EFB Copies and check Virtual or RAM or both

I got it working on 3.0 only. I guess I'll use two different versions at the same time. Thanks!
I'd like to keep this thread open since the problem repeats with Twilight Princess Wii version on 3.0-151 and doesn't seem to have fixes available. I've searched the forums and found nothing. EFB Copies is set to RAM. If set to Texture, the minimap is completely bugged out. On RAM, it's just like on the first post's screenshot. Is there really no fix for this?

biteme33333

(10-11-2011, 07:39 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

D3d9:

D3d11:

OpenGL:

this is my first post and i only made this account to answer your question, but i was having the same problem and i seem to have fixed it by disabling fast minmap. try that?
(02-19-2013, 04:44 PM)biteme33333 Wrote: [ -> ]this is my first post and i only made this account to answer your question, but i was having the same problem and i seem to have fixed it by disabling fast minmap. try that?

Assuming he's still using 3.0 but if he is (and if you were) using a recent build this option is no more available