Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: mac version keeps crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the download page is fixed so i downloaded the new version for mac but experience a problem:
it keeps crashing. it started after i didnt play dolphin for a while, then i ran the old version (before download page was fixed) and it kept crashing. i waited for new rev, but problem remains. only few games run, its sonic adventure 2 for gamecube (still crashes sometime) and epic mickey for wii (still can't play cause remote pointer doesnt work). and nothing else works.
what can i do? maybe i installed an update that time.. didnt update to lion that time. im running mac osx 10.7 and macbook pro 2011. 2.2 GHz, and radeon hd 6750M, 4gb.

by the way, any way to make remote pointer work with mouse.? i understand that its free software, devs do what they what, for what platform they want and i respect their work but still...

oops, just realized it might be wrong part of forum.. sorry.. Smile
(10-04-2011, 04:13 AM)alex001 Wrote: [ -> ]the download page is fixed so i downloaded the new version for mac but experience a problem:
it keeps crashing. it started after i didnt play dolphin for a while, then i ran the old version (before download page was fixed) and it kept crashing. i waited for new rev, but problem remains. only few games run, its sonic adventure 2 for gamecube (still crashes sometime) and epic mickey for wii (still can't play cause remote pointer doesnt work). and nothing else works.
what can i do? maybe i installed an update that time.. didnt update to lion that time. im running mac osx 10.7 and macbook pro 2011. 2.2 GHz, and radeon hd 6750M, 4gb.

by the way, any way to make remote pointer work with mouse.? i understand that its free software, devs do what they what, for what platform they want and i respect their work but still...

oops, just realized it might be wrong part of forum.. sorry.. Smile

Use 3.0.

DaveKramer

I confirm, Dolphin Mac releases after r7723 crash each time I launch a game (GC or Wii), may be they're corrupted in some new feature.

My system:
MacOS X version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
MacPro 3,1 (2008) – 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon – 14GB RAM – ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB (Mac Version) running at 1680x1050 resolution.
but it crashes on every rev i try, even before r7723. same for 3.0.
Do you have any speed hacks turned on? Many of them seem to be especially unstable in OpenGL-mode.
i tried to turn off every speed hack i found, but its still the same.

evilultraman

Long time listener, first time caller..... it seems every time I start a new adventure with an emulator on my iMac, it's always the same fail results...

Are there standard settings i should have on Dolphin 3.0?

I had to sell my Wii so really i have no other choice but to make this work Big Grin. I included my comp details in my signature.

When I start the emulator (it works perfect on Windows btw) it seems to be starting but then closes out and i dont know if this is important but it changes some of the display settings and when i attempt to reopen it opens a window that reads "clearing code cache." I am mere mortal/designer but can ANYONE help, i promise it will be the last time i ask.

p.s. if i post this in the incorrect section, apologies in advance.
(10-05-2011, 08:48 AM)evilultraman Wrote: [ -> ]Long time listener, first time caller..... it seems every time I start a new adventure with an emulator on my iMac, it's always the same fail results...

I had to sell my Wii so really i have no other choice but to make this work Big Grin. I included my comp details in my signature.

When I start the emulator (it works perfect on Windows btw) it seems to be starting but then closes out and i dont know if this is important but it changes some of the display settings and when i attempt to reopen it opens a window that reads "clearing code cache." I am mere mortal/designer but can ANYONE help, i promise it will be the last time i ask.

Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
JIT Recompiler
OpenGL
640x480
Force 16:9
Interna Resolution 4x Native
Anti-Aliasing None
Anisotropic Filtering None
Scaled EFB
EFB Copies RAM
Accuracy 3/5 Fast
Disabled External Frame Buffer
Fast Mipmaps
Disable Per-Pixel Depth

evilultraman

(10-05-2011, 08:48 AM)evilultraman Wrote: [ -> ]Long time listener, first time caller..... it seems every time I start a new adventure with an emulator on my iMac, it's always the same fail results...

Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
JIT Recompiler
OpenGL
640x480
Force 16:9
Interna Resolution 4x Native
Anti-Aliasing None
Anisotropic Filtering None
Scaled EFB
EFB Copies RAM
Accuracy 3/5 Fast
Disabled External Frame Buffer
Fast Mipmaps
Disable Per-Pixel Depth

I am trying to play Zelda Twilight Princess and Wind Waker for GC.
I'm just new, but my experience with my Mac was that none of the versions here worked, but the build at the google project site did:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/downloads/list

You could try that.
(finding this was really the only success I've had so far with Dolphin, but it's progress...)

I'm also running 10.7.
Now I find a few games crash when trying to save i.e. creation of new save file etc - not sure if that's related to that build or a mac/lion thing.

Good luck.
no, that is the same version as usual. but i still tried them and they crash.

evilultraman describes the problem exactly as it is. we have the same issue. it only doesnt change display settings..
Pages: 1 2