Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Not able to Use L/R On new Revs( 3405)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
SSBB/Harvest Moon Magical Melody/Zelda Twilight Princess
Tom Clancys Ghost Recon

llf1ip

legend of zelda:The wind waker
(06-12-2009, 11:51 AM)placidchap Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Registered to say that Paper Mario TTYD R trigger does not work anymore for turning paper thin. Registers for the HUD display though...

^
sorry, I haven't been around my main computer for a while now. Sad
just checking in to let everyone know i've not forgotten about it...it might just be a while before I do it. (hint hint everyone else)
alright i tested the following games, as were reported in this thread.
Pikmin 2
Resident Evil 0
XGRA
SSBB
Harvest Moon Magical Melody
Zelda Twilight Princess
(I don't have the others)

...and I didn't notice any controlling issues.
so much for that

placidchap

(06-30-2009, 03:55 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]alright i tested the following games, as were reported in this thread.
Pikmin 2
Resident Evil 0
XGRA
SSBB
Harvest Moon Magical Melody
Zelda Twilight Princess
(I don't have the others)

...and I didn't notice any controlling issues.
so much for that

Well, maybe a little more detail will help...

Rev 2740: Mario Sunshine
Jump plus L-trigger = ground pound
Hold R-trigger = spray and aim around (Mario stays in one place)

Rev 3404: Mario Sunshine
Jump plus L-trigger = nothing
Hold R-trigger = spray and run

Rev 2740: Paper Mario TTYD
Hold L-trigger = turn paper thin
game hangs when those secrets appear based on sound

Rev 3404: Paper Mario TTYD
Hold L-trigger = nothing
game works properly when secrets based on sound effect appear (e.g. professor and fence)

It is a pain to try and play Paper Mario, having to save and quit then copy the memory card to the version needed to pass either a paper thin part or a secret passage part.

Less of a pain with Sunshine though, not much play difference, other than the run and spray (which actually helps in some areas)

The problem seems to be with actions that require a continuous hold of the trigger. It seems as though the emu is pressing and releasing the trigger continuously, or something like that.
I am also experiencing this issue with Viewtiful Joe GC.
(06-30-2009, 12:38 PM)placidchap Wrote: [ -> ]Well, maybe a little more detail will help...

Rev 2740: Mario Sunshine
Jump plus L-trigger = ground pound
Hold R-trigger = spray and aim around (Mario stays in one place)

Rev 3404: Mario Sunshine
Jump plus L-trigger = nothing
Hold R-trigger = spray and run

[...]

It is a pain to try and play Paper Mario, having to save and quit then copy the memory card to the version needed to pass either a paper thin part or a secret passage part.

Less of a pain with Sunshine though, not much play difference, other than the run and spray (which actually helps in some areas)

The problem seems to be with actions that require a continuous hold of the trigger. It seems as though the emu is pressing and releasing the trigger continuously, or something like that.

Are you using the NTSC version of Mario Sunshine ?
Because for sure using the PAL version it still behaves the same, i still need to use half press to be able to run and spray, which is how it should be. And, the L trigger still works fine...

This is issue is becoming a bit odd :p
people with problems should try newer revs. There was a bug dealing with the framelimiter which caused "choppy" gameplay. maybe that is causing the triggers to act oddly for some people.
Pages: 1 2 3