Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: here's my question, now with PC specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

N.Thornberry

Since I wasn't aware of that rule (which honestly, I should have read the rules anyways) here's some of the specs for my computer.

anyways, here's what you need to know.
[Image: 49UA5.png]
with all do respect, this is just about specific as I can be, so please bear with me.

Now, I'm trying to play super smash bros melee on this and from what I have experienced the Video seems to lag slightly behind the audio. I'm hoping I can at least fix this and to be honest whatever I try doing seems to make it worse.

In any case, this is what it looks like if this is needed.
[Image: aotqR.png]

What can I do to at least sync the video, or at least get this game's video to go at near 100%?
You're still missing something: Graphics card, and settings of the emulator. For graphics card, just go to Start Menu and enter "dxdiag" in the Search dialog and post what you have.

About settings, have you tried the performance settings posted on the main Dolphin site? Also, your CPU is not very recommended to play Wii/GC games. i3 is good, but at 1.20 GHz? Nah. Not even the Turbo Boost can help, as most games require at least 2.0 ~ 3.0 GHz to play at playable speed and nice graphics.
Have you tried enabling Accurate Vbeam emulation?
Use a proper thread name which actually summarizes what issue you have, thanks.

N.Thornberry

(09-28-2011, 08:58 AM)glan20 Wrote: [ -> ]You're still missing something: Graphics card, and settings of the emulator. For graphics card, just go to Start Menu and enter "dxdiag" in the Search dialog and post what you have.

An Intel HD graphics card far as I know

About settings, have you tried the performance settings posted on the main Dolphin site? Also, your CPU is not very recommended to play Wii/GC games. i3 is good, but at 1.20 GHz? Nah. Not even the Turbo Boost can help, as most games require at least 2.0 ~ 3.0 GHz to play at playable speed and nice graphics.

I'll try that and see what happens, can't say it'll be perfect but it's worth a shot.

(09-28-2011, 10:53 AM)N.Thornberry Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2011, 08:58 AM)glan20 Wrote: [ -> ]You're still missing something: Graphics card, and settings of the emulator. For graphics card, just go to Start Menu and enter "dxdiag" in the Search dialog and post what you have.

An Intel HD graphics card far as I know

I'll try that and see what happens, can't say it'll be perfect but it's worth a shot.

(09-28-2011, 10:12 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Use a proper thread name which actually summarizes what issue you have, thanks.

will do.
who sold you this creepi thing?
the i3 u 330 doesnt have any turbo...
An Alienware with intel graphics ... is it even possible ?

There is definitely a geforce 335m with 1gb insibe , minimum !Maybe the intel graphics is taking the focus over the nvidia driver , better check that !
(09-28-2011, 10:26 PM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]An Alienware with intel graphics ... is it even possible ?

There is definitely a geforce 335m with 1gb insibe , minimum !Maybe the intel graphics is taking the focus over the nvidia driver , better check that !

Its a Alienware m11x r2.
The reason why it reports to have a Intel HD is because of Optimus GPU switching.

But the i3 U330 dualcore cpu @ 1,2 GHz is a real bottleneck as only the i5 series and above features turbo boosting.
I struggle even with my second generation i7 2720QM quad core @ 2,2 GHz.
I've seen some pretty craptacular Alienware builds since they partnered with Dell. They have always been overpriced 2-3x what they should be but now a lot of them have weaker specs to some of Dells normal lines yet cost ridiculous amounts of money.

Looks like you got suckered by it. That thing even has an 11inch display I bet judging by the model number.

The cpu is going to bottleneck everything despite an "ok" mobile GPU.

N.Thornberry

(09-29-2011, 01:05 AM)Dumachum Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen some pretty craptacular Alienware builds since they partnered with Dell. They have always been overpriced 2-3x what they should be but now a lot of them have weaker specs to some of Dells normal lines yet cost ridiculous amounts of money.

Looks like you got suckered by it. That thing even has an 11inch display I bet judging by the model number.

The cpu is going to bottleneck everything despite an "ok" mobile GPU.

True, but it's better then what I used to have.

sigh, looks like I'll have to figure out how to modify this thing.
Pages: 1 2