Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Help] Resident Evil Remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

merchant2006

Having recently and successfully managed to rip my gamecube disk with the help of my friend (after 4 failed attempts) I've downloaded the latest x64 version for Dolphin Emulator. I have tweaked around with the settings in order to get a good FPS and when the game's intro is loading, I have a nice and sweet 25 fps. However, this glory does not last long.

The moment the game begins (Jill/Chris speak regarding "There are only 3 S.T.A.R.S. members left now... etc") the framerate drops to 12-15fps and then it crashes to a horrid 5-8fps. Now this 12-15fps framerate sticks to it solidly, so I do not get any more fps while playing ingame. This renders the game literally unplayable at this speed and I really wish to ask whether or not anyone here can help me. And just to clarify what I've done so far:

1) Updated graphics/drivers/computer
2) Correct version of Dolphin (x64 latest)
3) Use Safe Texture, no "Hacks" used (whatever that means)
4) Unchecked Optimize Quantizers

NOTE: I decided not to use "Dual Core" and instead just left the "Enable Idle Skipping" activated.... and I get better FPS using that rather than the Dual Core option, which I dunno... is that right? Smile

I just can't figure out how to increase the FPS on this PAL Version. I have heard that the NTSC version of REmake has a max FPS around 5fps more than the PAL Version, so would I be better of ripping a NTSC version of REmake and use that one instead of my current PAL Version? (Which shouldn't be so hard, as my friend moved here from Philadelphia around 2 years ago and has a NTSC cube Smile) and my other friend is from Japan and has a JPN/NTSC Cube so... *emperor palpatine* unnnnliiiimiteddddddd resouuuuurcesssss!!!!

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: *cries*

Oh well, doesn't matter... I'll find a way Smile

Renato Ruschel

Hi,

Try this.
My rev is 3402, and its works here to get more fps(in the mansion hall for example, my fps drops to 5 !!), until i chage this :

Enable Dual core
Disable IDle Skipping
IN DSP(HLE) enable ALL
And use the dolphinIL

A have just a little problem with the sound. His soudns ok but stop all the time, like when a monster aper the music stop. Most of the time the music stop when have two different kind os songs. In RE0 same . So ?