Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Who/what is responsible for initing wiimote extensions and changing the report mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Who or what is responsible for initializing wiimote extensions (such a nunchuk) and changing the wiimote's Data Reporting mode after the initial setup dolphin does that includes just the base buttons? Is it dolphin, the game, something else?

I've added logging to Wiimote::IOWrite and Wiimote::IORead to hopefully see all traffic between dolphin and my wiimote clone, and all I see when I start a game such as Mario Kart is,

Code:
IOWrite: a1 15 00
IOWrite: a2 17 00 00 17 70 00 01

Apart from the

Code:
IORead: a1 30 XX XX

that are caused by me pressing buttons.

"a1 15 00" is sent by dolphin itself, while the "a2 17..." appears be triggered by the emulation.
But I never see any response for these. What's supposed to happen? I can't figure out what
sort of command "a2 17 ..." is either.
Erm, you should prolly come to IRC for this kind of question.. Prolly won't get an answer immediately but eventually someone who has a clue should be there as well
The game handles query/enable/disable of attached extensions and changes of reporting mode.