Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pro Logic 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The DPL2 encoding from the game is lost in DSP HLE. DSP LLE is the only way to get DPL2 at this time.

Jendrix

(02-24-2013, 09:53 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Also i really doubt that virtual 5.1 will sound any better than stereo considering these are video games with positional audio rendering engines that we're talking about

Those positional audio cues are exactly what I'm hoping to preserve to whatever extent possible!

(02-24-2013, 01:13 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]The DPL2 encoding from the game is lost in DSP HLE. DSP LLE is the only way to get DPL2 at this time.

Thanks!
What's this about "newdecoder in Dolphin" now?

Can the latest builds take the surround from the game and turn it into non-matrixed(Non DPLII) audio for use with PC speakers?

Or is it still just the same as it was. Use LLE and pass the stereo signal through a receiver with a DPLII decoder
@skid: even with new-ax-hle?
Quote:What's this about "newdecoder in Dolphin" now?

????

Quote:Can the latest builds take the surround from the game and turn it into non-matrixed(Non DPLII) audio for use with PC speakers?

Yes that's what a DPLII decoder does. It turns a stereo AC3 DPLII stream into 5.1 LPCM.

Quote:Or is it still just the same as it was. Use LLE and pass the stereo signal through a receiver with a DPLII decoder

You now have the option to do either. You can keep the positional audio cues in the stereo signal by disabling the decoder or decode the stream into 5.1 LPCM by enabling the decoder.
(02-25-2013, 05:50 PM)BONKERS Wrote: [ -> ]Can the latest builds take the surround from the game and turn it into non-matrixed(Non DPLII) audio for use with PC speakers?
Yes, by using the OpenAL backend and checking the DPL2 decoder option.
(02-25-2013, 05:54 PM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]@skid: even with new-ax-hle?
Even with new-ax-hle, the DPL2 encoding is lost.
Ok thanks. I was just confused by some of the wording. I haven't used any of the latest Dolphin builds or 3.5 and I haven't used it in general in a while. So was curious. I like to keep up on current info.

And for the quote that confused me

" So when using headphones, do I have to switch to the newdecoder in Dolphin?"
I have retested new ax hle with DPL2 and it is working for me now. I must have had a dud config the first time I tested it.
I knew it! Big Grin Cool that it's working even though I have no idea how it's working Smile
Pages: 1 2