Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When i launch dolphin, it runs for something like a minute, then crashes. doesn't seem to matter whether i'm playing a game or not. Happens for both 3.0 and 2.0

Windows 7 home premium (32 bit)
AMD Athlon II X4 620 (4 cores at ~2.6 ghz)
NVIDIA GeForce 210
2gb Ram
Launches, runs fine. i'll be able to mount and play games at 60 FPS, but before i can even start a game in animal crossing city folk, it'll crash.
launched it again, looked in the config settings to see if i could figure out how/why, crashed again while i was poking around
Already tried running as admin and in compatibility under XP SP3
just confirmed that i got the latest version of directX and C++ redist 2008
(09-23-2011, 02:41 AM)luingar Wrote: [ -> ]When i launch dolphin, it runs for something like a minute, then crashes. doesn't seem to matter whether i'm playing a game or not. Happens for both 3.0 and 2.0

Windows 7 home premium (32 bit)
AMD Athlon II X4 620 (4 cores at ~2.6 ghz)
NVIDIA GeForce 210
2gb Ram
Launches, runs fine. i'll be able to mount and play games at 60 FPS, but before i can even start a game in animal crossing city folk, it'll crash.
launched it again, looked in the config settings to see if i could figure out how/why, crashed again while i was poking around
Already tried running as admin and in compatibility under XP SP3
just confirmed that i got the latest version of directX and C++ redist 2008

Your computer may be overheating,maybe?
my computer's overheating and only dolphin crashes? i doubt that, i've been overclocking both my CPU and GPU at these levels for at least a couple months with no issues.
also, my liquid cooling system pretty much guarantees my CPU will never overheat
strange. it lasts longer when it's not running fullscreen... maybe it is overheating...
no it's not overheating. it's also not running out of RAM, it's barely using 300k when it crashes. anyone have any ideas?
What do you mean by "crashes"? Do you get an error message? Do you have panic handlers turned on?
(09-23-2011, 04:46 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "crashes"? Do you get an error message? Do you have panic handlers turned on?

it does the standard "Dolphin is not responding, looking for solution", then "Dolphin has stopped working"
it's weird because one milisecond ill be running the game at 30fps and the next that will come up.
and yes, panic handlers are turned on
Does dolphin not work with animal crossing city folk?
no, it's not the game... this is really annoying. i don't want to buy a wii and TV T-T
(09-23-2011, 06:34 AM)luingar Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2011, 04:46 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "crashes"? Do you get an error message? Do you have panic handlers turned on?

it does the standard "Dolphin is not responding, looking for solution", then "Dolphin has stopped working"
it's weird because one milisecond ill be running the game at 30fps and the next that will come up.
and yes, panic handlers are turned on
Does dolphin not work with animal crossing city folk?
no, it's not the game... this is really annoying. i don't want to buy a wii and TV T-T

Did you check your temps?
Temps do not cause software instability. They cause throttling and then lockups/shutdowns. His problem is software related, but at the moment I have no clue what it could be.
Could it be that he has C++ Redis 2008, not 2010? But 2.0 should work then...
Quote:But 2.0 should work then...

Bingo. So the the answer to your question is no.
i'm re-downloading dolphin 3.0 seeing if that'll fix it.
If someone wants, I got teamviewer, could let you guys take a first-hand look at my computer, see if you can figure it out
Pages: 1 2