Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin with Sandybridge Graphics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KefkaticFanatic

Hey guys, so I was running Dolphin great on my desktop with an i7 920 and HD 6870, but I was just today graced with the knowledge that that desktop will be unavailable for me to bring with me when I go off to college tomorrow.

I have an Lenovo X220 with an i5-2520M CPU. It stock clocks at 2.5GHz and turbo boosts up to 3.2Ghz. I've looked around and seen that CPU strength is a really big factor with Dolphin, and that integrated graphics may still be ok so long as the CPU is good enough. I was curious if this looked like enough to run GCN, or maybe even Wii games at crappy native resolutions.

I'm going to be cut off from Skyrim and Arkham City, so being able to at least play some Zelda would be nice D;
you already got the laptop in hand, why would you need someone to confirm it for you?

KefkaticFanatic

I don't presently have any Wii games ripped and haven't moved over any GCN yet. I just want to know if I should bother trying to set it up or not. I figured why not just ask as somebody might just be able to tell me yep or nope.
okay, wait for someone who has experience first hand with sandybridge gpu then, but i'd say that it'd be fine with native.
Your CPU looks fine to run most GC games and Wii games, not at fullspeed all the time, but it depends on the game.

The GPU... its an Intel HD 3000... as you already know, integrated graphic cards are never good for gaming/emulation.
I think you'd do fine with native, but don't quote me on that. You might even be able to pump it up a little, but don't expect too much. (keep AA/AF and the like off)

Zelda, TP? It's a CPU intensive game, don't expect to run it smoothly.
naw, I ran Zelda TP fine with Phenom 720 @ 3.2, granted it was long time ago and using HLE.

konthaijaiyen

thank you