Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Moving Camera Around While Game Is Paused Or In A Frozen State?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EmoFrappuccino

I am wondering if there is any way for you to freeze the game state, but still be able to move the camera around (Camera Hack Shift + WASD)? An example would be to take a game like No More Heroes 2 and in mid battle, be able to freeze or pause the game, but still be able to move the camera to see different angels of the map? That way you wont be killed while looking around or be able to catch a person in mid attack.
The problem is when you move the camera with the free look hack it renders the new image, when emulation is paused rendering is paused too. The best solution would be to save a state, look around, load the state and continue.

EmoFrappuccino

I'm sure I could find out how to do it with a little searching, but I'm on my phone so its kinda a pain to search on it. But how would I pause the state of the game?
Well this may not be the best solution, but you could save a savestate, do whatever looking you want while game is running, load that state and play with the hints. I'm not familiar with NMH2 but it could work.

EmoFrappuccino

The problem with that is I'm trying to get moving objects so if things in the game are still moving it'll be near impossible to get a shot of it.

EmoFrappuccino

So I was doing some thinking and maybe if I can't freeze the state, is there a way to slow the game down a lot to the point where camera movement would be able to catch everything as if it were a stand still?
Under framelimit you can select 10, which should keep emulation at 16% (NTSC).