Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which version of Dolphin is best for me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xronniex

There are so many versions in the download page and I can't seem to know which one would work best for me, I know each version is different than the others in a way..but based on your personal experience..which version you think would work best for me and how I should configure it?

Computer Specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom™ II P960 Quad-Core Processor, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Use Dolphin 3.0 it's the official release

xronniex

(09-22-2011, 02:30 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Use Dolphin 3.0 it's the official release

Alright, but one more question, what is the difference between the official release 3.0 and the other releases 7xxx? and what's the best configuration?

Thanks in advance.
click "To the main Dolphin site" at the upper left, read around there.
I wonder if people really find the forums before finding the Dolphin site or if they just ignore it.
i'm not sure really seeing as I've used dolphin on just my fire emblem games, but if the latest version isn't running as fast as u want then try messing with the settings i know duel core makes the games run faster aside from that try the main website's forums for help.
To be noted is the fact that the 7xxx versions on the download page are very much not the latest versions. Since switching to Git no new versions have been uploaded to the main site and you'll find them on EmuCR (with version names like 3.0-95 and the like).