Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stuck on Clearing Code Cache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aeolist

Just downloaded today and tried to get started with some ISOs I ripped using my Wii drive. I know they are good since I have used them all on the Wii itself from a USB hard drive. I have tried several games (NSMB, Galaxy 1 and 2, RE4 Wii, Punch Out) and all of them do the same thing. When I try to start the game a grey window opens with "Clearing Code Cache" as the titlebar and then after a few seconds the program hangs and then crashes.

I've updated my ATi drivers to 11.8 (previously on 11.6), installed the latest DirectX, Visual C++, and .Net runtimes from Microsoft. I've tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of Dolphin 2.0 and 3.0 as well as the 7719 x64 build, all of them do the same thing. I've run with settings at default for the most part but I've also gone through and unchecked every option that the prompts said may cause issues, nothing worked.

System specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Core i7 960 3.2GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
ATi HD 6970

My monitor is a Viewsonic 1080p but I've only been trying to run at the baseline internal resolution.

The program has also generated the following text in a file called exceptioninfo.txt in the Dolphin folder:

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xE06D7363
Call stack info:
0xFDC8CACD : ?
0x0D56F670 : ?
Dolphin!0x00182729 : ?

It adds another instance of this to the file every time I try to load a game and it crashes.
I'm having the same problem with Rune Factory Frontier. Have you tried changing your Graphics setting to OpenGL rather than DirectX? For some reason, this works for me, but it's slower (I suspect) than DirectX and would really like to get DirectX working.

aeolist

(09-22-2011, 12:24 AM)relshak Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem with Rune Factory Frontier. Have you tried changing your Graphics setting to OpenGL rather than DirectX? For some reason, this works for me, but it's slower (I suspect) than DirectX and would really like to get DirectX working.
Just tried it, doesn't work. DX11 also doesn't work.
(09-22-2011, 01:53 AM)aeolist Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2011, 12:24 AM)relshak Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem with Rune Factory Frontier. Have you tried changing your Graphics setting to OpenGL rather than DirectX? For some reason, this works for me, but it's slower (I suspect) than DirectX and would really like to get DirectX working.
Just tried it, doesn't work. DX11 also doesn't work.

Ah, bummer. Sorry that didn't help.

airinvandroiy

same thing here.. I was playing fine, if I change do DX11 I get it to work, but it's extremely slow, tottaly unplayable.. Sad