Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin in Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have 2 questions:

1)hi, i'm using the Dolphin Emu in GNU/Linux Ubuntu 11.04 and i'm really happy that some games work PERFECT (like super mario wii, zelda:TP) but other game work slow even if their are marked as PREFECT in "prefect on dolphin spreadsheep" (lego star wars, ice age 3, ...)
i know the directx version work better than the opengl, but i don t know is that is the problem
I had a core2duo and all the games where slow, then changed the micro to a intel i7 920 and some work perfect, so maybe the micro is the problem?

2) i have problem whit the sensitivity of the wii bar it is difucult to aim, i have bought a sensor bar that was cheap, that may be the problem? can you play ok whit the games that need the sensor bar?

The d3d9 backend is a lot faster than openGL with some games but if your cpu is powerful enough you can always work around that problem. I would highly advise using windows 7 x64 for dolphin.
"Perfect" doesn't mean fullspeed...
I use Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit. I have a E8400 Core2Duo, and usually get 80-90% in Mario Kart Wii. I recently tried Windows 7 to see how much faster d3d9 was. I was disappointed that I didn't get a noticeable difference in speed. Is this just one of those games where it doesn't matter that much? What games benefit most from d3d9?
(09-21-2011, 12:35 PM)artantaaa Wrote: [ -> ]I use Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit. I have a E8400 Core2Duo, and usually get 80-90% in Mario Kart Wii. I recently tried Windows 7 to see how much faster d3d9 was. I was disappointed that I didn't get a noticeable difference in speed. Is this just one of those games where it doesn't matter that much? What games benefit most from d3d9?

Every game does.You can try D3D11.

Also,what's your graphics card?
My GPU is a 8400GS, and I'm not sure if it even supports d3d11. Do you know of any games that are much faster in d3d9 than openGL?
can someone using linux confirmy this - - ->
2) i have problem whit the sensitivity of the wii bar it is difucult to aim, i have bought a sensor bar that was cheap, that may be the problem? can you play ok whit the games that need the sensor bar?

(or even in windows)
Try to use it from different distances, if that doesn't work it's possible that your sensor bar is crap...
(09-21-2011, 01:06 PM)artantaaa Wrote: [ -> ]My GPU is a 8400GS, and I'm not sure if it even supports d3d11. Do you know of any games that are much faster in d3d9 than openGL?

It dosen't and it sucks too.
You may wanna upgrade it soon.Hell,even something like a 9800 GTX+ would be better than it.
It's your graphics card. An 8400 GS is too slow for dolphin, it is bottlenecking your cpu. This explains your poor performance in windows/linux and also why you're getting similar performance in d3d9/openGL (cpu load is less in d3d9 but GPU load is similar).
Pages: 1 2