Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with game speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AoukiX

Hi. Before i get into my problem, let me make one thing here. I confess that I am a total newbie to this kind of thing, so please don't hold that against me, i'm new to Dolphin.

Having said that, I'm trying to run Twilight Princess on my laptop. It was able to run on my old one, which was a dual core Asus (I can't remember anything else about), but when I run it on my new laptop, it still lags quite a bit, especially when I enter Ordon Village. I thinking that I just don't have the right combination of plugins and settings, but I want to be sure.

These are the specs of the laptop that i'm using right now.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.09F.20
Processor: AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5610MB RAM
Page File: 3610MB used, 7609MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I hope that this all helps.
Your CPU is way too slow and the GPU is abysmal, sorry. It may be fine for quad core optimized applications, but Dolphin is not one. What revision have you been using?

AoukiX

(09-20-2011, 12:29 PM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is way too slow and the GPU is abysmal, sorry. It may be fine for quad core optimized applications, but Dolphin is not one. What revision have you been using?

I don't know if this is the revision you mean, but when I went to downloads, then one I took was 7719
Try others, such as 3.0 and 6505. However, there's not much you can do.
Take a gander at this performance guide: Performance Guide

Try these noob friendly builds: Dolphin 3.0-96- Dolphin builds by Link_to_the_past