Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Curious what settings this build could handle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GTX 480
i7-950 @ 3.2
6GB DDR3 2000MHz
RAID 0 SSDs
Windows 7 x64

I'm mainly interested in playing Xenoblade at the moment.

Also, what version of Dolphin should I be using ? 7719?

Thank you.
Use Dolphin 3.0 and search for the game thread by the game name you're looking for.
(09-15-2011, 04:31 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Use Dolphin 3.0 and search for the game thread by the game name you're looking for.

Is going with the 3.0 release the recommended way to go? When I got started I went straight for the latest revision, since the video on the main page for "getting started" instructs you to do so.
You should be able to play most games relatively well, as Starscream said, should you need any help on settings, check out the designated games in the Game Discussion forum.
Keep in mind that even if your PC is very fast, it will work differently for Dolphin.

As for Xenoblade, you should be fine, it might get laggier towards the end, but it's different for everyone.

In case you get audio distortion and similar issues, you could try this build.
3.0 is the best way to go, unless you know for a fact that some other build (newer or older) does something that 3.0 does not do, or does it better (like a speed up in a game or avoiding a crash of some sort) and you need that functionality, obviously you should use that particular build in that case. Generally, though, 3.0 is what you should be using.
Awesome, thanks guys. I really appreciate the prompt responses. I'm gonna go buy a bluetooth dongle today.
In general that rig should be able to run almost anything you throw at it fullspeed with good settings.