Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legality and Power Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kyuur

Alright, so I've known for Dolphin for a while and just bought myself a new PC for gaming. I figure I'll install it tonight as I have a bunch of Wii/GC games boxed up but I no longer own a Wii. I didn't see anywhere that you need to copy system files from your Wii, so is it legal to run the games of an emulator w/o buying the system considering its still being manufactured? It's not that much of a concern (I've already given Nintendo the money for a Wii!) but I'd still like to know.

And I'd like to know if I'll be able to run most games at decent resolutions with all the bells and whistles with my new desktop. 1080p with antialiasing is what I'm thinking about mainly. Here it is:

Intel Core i7 2600k (Stock 3.4Ghz)
16GB 1600Mhz RAM
HD Radeon 6850 (1GB)

Thanks guys!
As long as you've legally bought the game and did not download it online, (or mention that you have downloaded it) you're fine. You do not necessarily need an actual Wii. As far as your PC, it is also fine.

Kyuur

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply.

Now just hoping I have a DVD drive at home that'll be able to dump my games!
The reason there is no bios for Wii and GC emulators is that instead of the BIOS being on the console, it's actually on the disc. Open a Wii game and go to Partition 0, you'll see tons of system files in there that Dolphin uses (like IOSes).
(09-14-2011, 06:20 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]The reason there is no bios for Wii and GC emulators is that instead of the BIOS being on the console, it's actually on the disc. Open a Wii game and go to Partition 0, you'll see tons of system files in there that Dolphin uses (like IOSes).

The GC has a BIOS :p
His question has been answered. Before we get into a huge "piracy/is Dolphin legal" discussion, I'll just end it here.

Closed.