Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphic Card or Processor ? Which one should i buy ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't play One Piece Ultimate Adventure smoothly even with the best performance setting ==.. So i decided to buy a better graphic card or change a better processor..
Now there is a problem , One Piece might be the only game i want to play on Wii , One Piece have around 3 games , so which one should i buy that boost my dolphin emulator more?Graphic Card or Processor ?

I dunno how to begin with my computer information..This is my first time @@ So i will just simply write it..Please forgive me if i do something wrong Big Grin
Processor : Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50 GHz
Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
RAM : 1GB
If your motherboard supports overclocking , you should overclock it . Let say 3.0-3.4Ghz to be safe
There is no doubt , 8400GS is too weak ....
(09-13-2011, 05:10 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]If your motherboard supports overclocking , you should overclock it . Let say 3.0-3.4Ghz to be safe

So you mean I should change my graphic card? What mean by overclocking? Any example or Image?
Changing a processor would require you a new motherboard. But looking at your specs, I have to tell you your pc is a bit too weak to run at an acceptable FPS.
If you really want to get good performance, you have to buy a new PC. Get a good CPU: the 2500K is the best one you can get right now (in terms of cash/performance). A 6870/460GTX+ would be more than sufficient, and atleast 4GB of RAM.
(09-13-2011, 05:18 PM)ishadows Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2011, 05:10 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]If your motherboard supports overclocking , you should overclock it . Let say 3.0-3.4Ghz to be safe

So you mean I should change my graphic card? What mean by overclocking? Any example or Image?

He meant your processor is 2.5Ghz so any "boost" could help
(09-13-2011, 05:26 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Changing a processor would require you a new motherboard. But looking at your specs, I have to tell you your pc is a bit too weak to run at an acceptable FPS.
If you really want to get good performance, you have to buy a new PC. Get a good CPU: the 2500K is the best one you can get right now (in terms of cash/performance). A 6870/460GTX+ would be more than sufficient, and atleast 4GB of RAM.

This is my first time , it is very hard for me to understand it.. Can i have the price of those things i have to buy to get a good performance? Thanks Smile
Are you going to buy a new PC? Or do you just want components to speed things up?
Where are you from? What's your budget?
Might not but just changing graphic card and processor.. I tried those speed up method doesn't work
I am from Malaysia , my budget might be within RM1000, i buying for just playing 3 games(So far dun have any others)..My budget within RM1000 if over RM1000 i think i can buy a new pirated Wii already..
I'm not sure what the prices are in Malaysia. But if you are serious about this, you have to change both, and even your RAM. But that will cost more than RM1000 i can assure you.

You could increase performance by overclocking, but I think your temps are probably high already. But I don't recommend overclocking if you're new to these things (you can easily fry your CPU)
(09-13-2011, 06:30 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what the prices are in Malaysia. But if you are serious about this, you have to change both, and even your RAM. But that will cost more than RM1000 i can assure you.

You could increase performance by overclocking, but I think your temps are probably high already. But I don't recommend overclocking if you're new to these things (you can easily fry your CPU)

Anyway how much is a new CPU with those processor , ram and graphic card?
Pages: 1 2