Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin slowing down with a quad core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Renyart

Hi everybody. I have an Amd Phenom x4 with 4 gb ram and an Asus HD 6670 1gb. The problm is that while I'm playing Mario Galaxy or Super Paper Mario my Fps goes from 50-60 to 15 fps for some seconds. Then the game speeds up again. I haven't touched any of the settings. What can be the problem?
First of all, could you tell us more about your CPU, the exact model and clock speed?
What Dolphin version/revision are you using?

Dolphin only utilizes two cores; thus a faster clock-speed would surely increase your FPS if you're having trouble with that.
Mario Galaxy is one of those CPU-intensive games, you need a fast CPU in order to play it smoothly.

Renyart

(09-13-2011, 05:32 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, could you tell us more about your CPU, the exact model and clock speed?
What Dolphin version/revision are you using?

Dolphin only utilizes two cores; thus a faster clock-speed would surely increase your FPS if you're having trouble with that.
Mario Galaxy is one of those CPU-intensive games, you need a fast CPU in order to play it smoothly.

Yeah sorry. I have 3,40 ghz Amd phenom x4 965 and i'm using dolphin 3.0 (the "normal version)
Have you checked these topics?

Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario

They contain all the information you need about those games and settings that work good.
(09-13-2011, 04:40 AM)Renyart Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody. I have an Amd Phenom x4 with 4 gb ram and an Asus HD 6670 1gb. The problm is that while I'm playing Mario Galaxy or Super Paper Mario my Fps goes from 50-60 to 15 fps for some seconds. Then the game speeds up again. I haven't touched any of the settings. What can be the problem?

Is it a laptop? If it is it smells like overheating...
IT "SMELLS" LIKE OVERHEATING Big Grin made my day

install realtemp and start smg if one of the 4 Status bars at the bottom are changing from OK to something red colored...
your cpu is overheating

Renyart

(09-13-2011, 07:33 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]IT "SMELLS" LIKE OVERHEATING Big Grin made my day

install realtemp and start smg if one of the 4 Status bars at the bottom are changing from OK to something red colored...
your cpu is overheating

It says that my Cpu isn't supported