Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Occasional flickering music in Xenoblade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It typically always runs at 100% apart from the odd spike, in fact just as a silly test I tried to play Xenoblade in Dolphin on my main monitor while also playing hack//GU in PCSX2 on my secondary, both in roughly 1080p (nearest I could get in multiples of their native resolutions), both with the same controller at the same time, and they both ran at full speed.

However, after a while of walking around (this is without hack//GU running as well) the music will start to flicker. It will just be whatever track was playing at the time; going into battle will result in the battle music playing normally, but then afterwards the field music continues to flicker. You can even save and then load that save and the music carries on the same. It can start at any time, even while in the menu and even if you leave it in the menu for a few minutes without pressing anything.

Any ideas what's causing this? The audio settings are on default, I've tried disabling audio throttling; the graphics are on DX11, double native res and I've gone through all the various texture filtering and AA settings to see if it somehow made a difference.
What is the default? Which dsp emulator engine are you using?
(09-12-2011, 09:18 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What is the default? Which dsp emulator engine are you using?
Here:
Change the backend to XAudio2 and the DSP emulator engine to LLE recompiler. Keep in mind you will need to dump your dsp rom in order for LLE to work, look it up on google. Also keep in mind you make take a significant performance hit from using LLE audio.
Well unfortunately that advice didn't work out - the music seemed to be okay but every single time I got into battle, the sound effect would flicker. I'd previously been using a build of Dolphin from a few months ago from when I first installed Windows 7, and then the most recent build for Windows. I took the rather obvious step (in hindsight) of trying out the basic 3.0 release and, at least so far, I've had no problems with the sound or music.

There's a slightly annoying thing where when the first battle begins since I ran the game, the sound goes nuts as each character does their first attack (though visually it's fine and running at full speed). Consequent battles are fine, but after a while it repeats the glitch and then settles down again. I can live with that, though.