Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Editing Magnus in Baten Kaitos on r7589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Arch Feline

2 Questions. Question #2 below is about using the debugger to look at memory.

I am trying to fix the checksum on a save for Baten Kaitos by rightclicking on the save in the Save Manager and chosing "fix checksum" Baten Kaitos still says that the save is corrupted. I would like to edit my save with a hex editor, fix the checksum with Dolphin or even a PC application and the use the save on my GameCube.

I have the consoles: GameCube, Wii. As a result my PC is lacking in graphics ability and I am running r7589. I just loaded up debug mode 10 minutes ago by 'run: Dolphin.exe -d' and the game still has not loaded. My PC is not that slow. It has dual processors.

Is my PC that slow?
(09-12-2011, 06:22 AM)Arch Feline Wrote: [ -> ]#2
I have the consoles: GameCube, Wii. As a result my PC is lacking in graphics ability and I am running r7589. I just loaded up debug mode 10 minutes ago by 'run: Dolphin.exe -d' and the game still has not loaded. My PC is not that slow. It has dual processors.

Have you clicked the "Play" button? Loading a game and starting it are separate steps in debug mode.

Arch Feline

Thank You. I did not click the play button. ??? It is working now anyhow. (I had to have clicked it before because that is the only way the the second window with the game screen comes up).

Under view I checked memory. I want to step through the code for examining the checksum. I pressed f9 to set a break point but I did not go into the code when I tried to load a save. How should I go about stepping through the code?