Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Alienated upon set-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm pretty techno-phobic and have no idea how to even get Dolphin up and running. I only recently conquered the DOSBox but Dolphin just isn't letting me install it.

I'm on windows7 and am downloading the 64-bit version. If someone could make me a step by step guide and patronize me a bit that'd be helpful. I run the dolphin.exe app then get an error message before anything can happen.

Any help on just starting up would be appreciated.
(09-08-2011, 09:13 AM)EnterTheHunter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty techno-phobic and have no idea how to even get Dolphin up and running. I only recently conquered the DOSBox but Dolphin just isn't letting me install it.

I'm on windows7 and am downloading the 64-bit version. If someone could make me a step by step guide and patronize me a bit that'd be helpful. I run the dolphin.exe app then get an error message before anything can happen.

Any help on just starting up would be appreciated.

we need more information. what is the error message? you are probably missing some runtimes?
Have you read the faq's and searched the forums for your error message and the solution? What is the error message you encountered? Post your system specs, Dolphin revision and the game you're trying to run. These are all obvious questions that should have been already posted by you.
did you extract the archive first?
Sorry for the late response - I actually ended up watching a youtube video and downloaded a different version made by someone called LannyBoy. It opens/installs perfectly - I've loaded up Animal Crossing but nothing happens when I click play....
This is the video I watched - I downloaded everything this dude downloaded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duoDTjgJNwU
No one is interested in a video or a build made by some random person on the internet. Read my previous post and proceed.
Dolphin revision 2795

specs:
ACER ASPIRE 5332 LAPTOP
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM, 64-BIT
Pentium® Dual Core CPU, 2.2 GHz
RAM: 4GB

anything else??

also only showing you the video in case I downloaded some really old, terrible version of Dolphin that would be an obvious reason for the errors...if there's a better alternative I'd give it a shot...
you did download at really old, terrible version of Dolphin. Why not check the official, not forums section of this site for official builds?
I downloaded the latest one on the actual website and when I click the exe app it tells me to go away. At least the older one opened up. So strange....
What_error_do_you_get_with_new_builds?
Pages: 1 2