Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: About Texture Cache rewrite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I know that something related to this happened about the same time (or maybe a little before) we moved from SVN to GIT. I wasn't really around those days and when I was I was trying to set up my enviroment, so I didn't really saw what went on on the Google Code, I understood that something was reverted, so I'm guessing it was tried to merge the rewrite to the master code Big Grin
Can anyone tell me what was this all about please? ^^
Just curious, since people talked little about this since then, did it cause any trouble?
It did cause issues, because it was unfinished, and hasn't been worked on for a while. I don't remember exactly the problems except maybe slowdowns. So now it's on it's own branch.
texture cache rewrite wasn't safe enough for some games.
Fair enough Tongue
(09-07-2011, 05:17 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]texture cache rewrite wasn't safe enough for some games.
Yeah uh, if you meant to give the most misleading answer possible, you were successful..

texcache-rewrite was fine, it just had too many bugs which no one cared to fix. Nolan is busy these days, thus we decided to move it back to a branch until it gets fixed.
Thx Smile