Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are my specs good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

commentboy123

I was hoping these specs would handle Brawl almost perfectly, but actually it has a lot of slowodnws.

Intel i5-2410M 2.30Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6470M (512MB dedicated)
6GB RAM

Would you consider these specs to be terrible for Dolphin? Would it at least run Gamecube games?

Also, what are some things I can do to increase speed by lowering graphical quality?
There doesn\t seem to be a lot of things I can do, looking at the few options it has.
I currently have the default settings of Dolphin 3.0 64-bit, can anyone help me out?

Thanks.
is that a laptop?...
But i think is enough to run games at very good fps.
We don't know what the default settings are (and I'm too lazy to look them up). Post some screenshots of your settings.

commentboy123

Here are my current settings for Dolphin 3.0
(I might have changed a couple of settings around and forgot about it)
I could only upload 5 images, so in Graphics > Advanced section, I don't have anything checked.

Also, I've heard that some revisions work better than other revisions and the releases, is this true? If so, which revision would you recommend?

Thank you.
You could try disabling "EFB Copies" Brawl doesn't use them Wink
Your CPU is good enough but GPU is alittle ...
Brawl run fullspeed on my laptop ,sometime it drops to 42 FPS (Direct3D11 backend ,1366x768, Internal Res 2x , AA 2x)
and i5 2410m > i5 480m
What's your FPS ? Try check your CPU temp with "Real temp"
Edit : Click on battery icon and set to "High performance" mode
Yeah that gpu is too weak, even for the minimum settings.

commentboy123

Actually, I think the suggestions provided in the thread did the trick, I can run the game at comfortable frame rates now. Thanks for the help!

stratax

i have the same issue, but i have the i7 720q and GTX 260m