Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: *SPOILERS* Xenoblade Chronicles Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am at the part where...

*STORY SPOILER*

The mechonis re awakens. Fiora has just lost the shield and you start plummeting to your death before you are caught by the Machina boss and Alvis. As soon as Alvis come from behind the big guy, the game crashes... same spot... every time.

Obviously I have never had this issue before because i am 80 hours into the game. Has anyone else had this error? How do you fix it aside from skipping the whole scene?

While I am here I might as well ask. Can someone give me a comprehensive guide on how to get my saves from Dolphin back onto my Wii? i'm sick of all the issues Dolphin has Tongue

Edit: I have tried using the save game and save states on many different builds. All are freezing in the exact same spot.
Specs? Settings? Revision?
(09-06-2011, 11:19 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Specs? Settings? Revision?

Like i said, i have tried many revisions. I have about 20 builds on my computer all doing the same thing.

I have a 2600k OCed at 5ghz with a 580GTX (not the issue)

I have been changing around the settings and still get the same result, which leads me to believe its either a ISO error or the emulator just can't do it. I assumed it was more of a general thing, which is why i was hoping someone who has played this section of the game would comment and confirm whether or not they got past this spot while playing on dolphin.

I would be more specific but i am waiting to see if this is a common thing with this game.
I'm post game with 138+ hours so I would start guessing there is a problem with your rip. Random crashes happen on many builds except 3.0 for me.
(09-06-2011, 12:28 PM)Clusta Wrote: [ -> ]I'm post game with 138+ hours so I would start guessing there is a problem with your rip. Random crashes happen on many builds except 3.0 for me.

I see, thanks for the info.

Would you mind posting your settings to me? did you experience smooth game play under those settings for all 138 hours?

Thanks again.

Edit: It is as i thought. 3.0 freezes aswell. It's not a "Random Crash" it is the spot i specified... every time, every build. There must be something wrong with my save.... the only way for me to get past it is to skip the cutscene, missing out on everything that happened.
Edit2: Ive been trying to find the cutscene on youtube so i can just skip it but i'm not having any luck... well this sucks..
Im 80+ hours in the game, past that event already. Worked without problems here, I've been getting random crashes sometimes though...

Have you tried using JITIL experimental recompiler? Some people say that its less prone to crashes.
(09-06-2011, 10:58 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Im 80+ hours in the game, past that event already. Worked without problems here, I've been getting random crashes sometimes though...

Have you tried using JITIL experimental recompiler? Some people say that its less prone to crashes.

Yeah i have played around with every option at some point or another. I had to go and watch the cutscene on my Wii lol.

edisoners

It is as i thought. 3.0 freezes aswell. It's not a "Random Crash" it is the spot i specified... every time, every build. There must be something wrong with my save.... the only way for me to get past it is to skip the cutscene, missing out on everything that happened.

-----------------------------------------------
ipad 2 accessoryipad2caseipad2 cover
Skip the cutscene and watch it on YouTube. I used r7236 and I was able to watch every cutscene in the game.