Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why do some games run slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hyphy321321

Hello,

what's the technical explanation as to why games made for wii will run slow on a PC?. I tried explaining to a friend that it's basically trying to emulate a wii/ gamecube, and even though the computer has higher graphical capabilities than a wii it won't run as smooth, but he responds with "so is the wii better? i thought you had a quad core?" yadda yadda...

Thanks guys.
Think of the emulator running Wii games as someone not very good at Spanish reading and translating it. It takes time and will be inaccurate until that person learns Spanish better Big Grin
(06-11-2009, 06:13 AM)hyphy321321 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

what's the technical explanation as to why games made for wii will run slow on a PC?. I tried explaining to a friend that it's basically trying to emulate a wii/ gamecube, and even though the computer has higher graphical capabilities than a wii it won't run as smooth, but he responds with "so is the wii better? i thought you had a quad core?" yadda yadda...

Thanks guys.

Tell your friend he is not your friend anymore ^^
He will probably think twice before being an Ass , next time , with his new friends , lol^^
(06-11-2009, 06:13 AM)hyphy321321 Wrote: [ -> ]i thought you had a quad core?"

ask him if his games run 4 times faster when he got 4 Wii in one room.
If the coding was 100% identical to the wii/gamecube then I guess it would be a lot faster. But it's emulating - that means trying to approximate the functionality of the console, often through imprecise reverse engineering. Many of wii/gc's key features have yet to be implemented. I remember when Dolphin was at 1.03 beta stage, it was incredibly buggy and slow compared to today. Give it some time.

hyphy321321

awesome guys, thanks for the responses...