Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin can't remember where my games are anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently reorganized my game collection into folders for each system. Before, they were scattered around everywhere. Now when I start Dolphin, only my Gamecube games show up in the list. When I hit browse and tell it to look in the Wii folder, they all show up again. I have to do this each time I start the emulator though. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?
This issue was fixed recently, just update to the latest build. Although, for normal game playing you should just use 3.0.
I am using 3.0, and my games are running very nicely. I would like to stick with it for a while. Two or three extra clicks to get to the games is not a big deal, but I do miss having them all in the list. The game list was showing all my games every time I started Dolphin until I rearranged my files. Once they stopped showing up in the list I went into the Paths tab and deleted all of my old folders, plus the 30 or 40 instances of my Wii folder that I have to add each time. I then added the two new folders with my dolphin games, but the Wii folder is still not remembered after I close Dolphin and restart it. I'm going to try putting all the games into one folder called Dolphin and see if that works, but I would appreciate any info about what causes this problem or suggestions on how to work around it. Thanks.
I got my game list back by putting all the games in my Gamecube folder. That folder was the only one that I was using before I rearranged things. I guess the problem is that 3.0 won't let you add new paths properly. I'm using the Linux version. Is there a configuration file that can be manually edited to add a new path?